+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Transit Visa?

Kin021

Jun 29, 2016
Hey guys!

In what cases do one require a transit visa? There is a lot of confusion regarding this so i wish to confirm it again.
I will be traveling from Mumbai to Toronto. Halts are in London Heathrow Airport (1 and half hour), New york (4 and half hours).
Please let me know.
Also, I want to know since im still waiting for my visa that was applied on 21st July, is it right to book my air tickets from now for a date after 21st Aug.? Since the fares double up if you go to book it in the end.

harvijay1001

May 23, 2016
App. Filed.......
27-10-2016
London is okay since your onward journey is to Canada/US/Australia/NZ.

But you won't even be allowed to board the flight at Mumbai if you don't have a US transit visa.

I would not suggest taking this flight! Don't you have other options? Try the options via Delhi, you could get a Mumbai->Delhi->London->Toronto route

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
harvijay1001 said:

But you won't even be allowed to board the flight at Mumbai if you don't have a US transit visa.

I would not suggest taking this flight! Don't you have other options? Try the options via Delhi, you could get a Mumbai->Delhi->London->Toronto route
As above if you transit through the US you will need a visa given you would need to pass through US Immigration and Customs and probably recheck your bag at the connections desk for the follow on flight. There is no way to avoid this other than not transiting through the US as applies to all nationalities.

Kin021

Jun 29, 2016
harvijay1001 said:

For london is there specific time after which you would require transit visa? Like i have heard people telling me that if the halt is for long in london then you would require transit. And yes i'll look at the other options. :)

VIKASBAGLE

Star Member
Dec 10, 2015
Gujarat India
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/07/16
Yes thats true. But you have canadian study permit as a destination visa so there will be no issue. But need to tell you dont take any flight which go through US.