+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

transit visa

corybati

Feb 26, 2013
hello
i wanted to find out. if i use an itinerary that states i am going through the US. for my visa application do i first have to show that i have a US transit visa? that is do i have to apply for transit visa forst before applying for the canadian visa

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

corybati said:
hello
i wanted to find out. if i use an itinerary that states i am going through the US. for my visa application do i first have to show that i have a US transit visa? that is do i have to apply for transit visa forst before applying for the canadian visa
Canada doesn't care how you get to Canada if they issue a TRV. If the TRV is issued and you wish to transit the US, then you get the transit visa for the US.

corybati

Feb 26, 2013
Thank you for your responses. SCRL5 i was saying i want to apply for the TRV but one of the requirements is an itinerary. so on my itinerary the route is through USA so had been wondering i am supposed to have a transit visa in my passport ie would the canadian embassy where i am sending my application want to see it but as PMM said it doesnt matter