+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Transit visa with lost TRV

Jan 14, 2020
Hello everyone. I'm going to travel to Mexico. I got a Canadian Visitor visa but I lost my passport (my flight with 18 hours stop in Toronto).
I'm currently outside of my country and in the process of obtaining a new passport.

My flight ticket is booked and my trip was planned at the end of February.

Is it possible to apply for a Transit visa while technically I have a current one? Should I also put a police report for my Transit visa application?

I don't want to apply for a Visitor visa because it's a long process and currently, I'm outside of the country, not all documents are available for me right now.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello everyone. I'm going to travel to Mexico. I got a Canadian Visitor visa but I lost my passport (my flight with 18 hours stop in Toronto).
I'm currently outside of my country and in the process of obtaining a new passport.

My flight ticket is booked and my trip was planned at the end of February.

Is it possible to apply for a Transit visa while technically I have a current one? Should I also put a police report for my Transit visa application?

I don't want to apply for a Visitor visa because it's a long process and currently, I'm outside of the country, not all documents are available for me right now.
Yes - you can do that. I would also apply for a replacement TRV (i.e. replace the document you lost):

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/application-verification-status-replacement-immigration-document.html