+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Transit Visa requirement in UK for Indian passport holders on their way to Canada

soumyasriroy

Oct 7, 2020
Hello everyone, has anyone travelled from India to Canada with a layover in London? Do Indian passport holders require a transit visa in the UK for a layover on their way to Canada?
If so, what kind of transit visa is required for the UK? The Direct Airside Transit visa (for people not going through border control) or Visitor in Transit visa (for people going through border control)?
My parents are travelling from India to Toronto with a 7-hour layover (on the same calendar day) at Heathrow Airport on a British Airways flight. They have valid visitor visas for Canada. They do not plan to leave the London airport at any point and their connecting flight to Toronto is from the same terminal that their flight from New Delhi is landing in London. They won’t have to collect their luggage at the London airport, they will be collecting their luggage directly in Toronto. The airlines could not be clear on whether a transit visa is required or not and if required what type of transit visa is required. Any help would be appreciated.

neha__

Nov 28, 2021
Yes, those who has temporary resident visa of Canada , do not need to have transit visa as long as the stay at the airport is less than 24 hours.

Sarjaria84

Oct 9, 2020
Hello,

I am from India and traveling from Canada to India (Montreal to Mumbai) and having a connecting flight with the same airline (Air Canada) from London Heathrow to India with 3 hours layover on the same day. I have a visitor visa of Canada. Will I be able travel without transit visa via Heathrow?

Urgent help needed to book the tickets please!

Thank you!!

krishislegend

Star Member
Jun 28, 2021
Hello everyone, has anyone travelled from India to Canada with a layover in London? Do Indian passport holders require a transit visa in the UK for a layover on their way to Canada?
If so, what kind of transit visa is required for the UK? The Direct Airside Transit visa (for people not going through border control) or Visitor in Transit visa (for people going through border control)?
My parents are travelling from India to Toronto with a 7-hour layover (on the same calendar day) at Heathrow Airport on a British Airways flight. They have valid visitor visas for Canada. They do not plan to leave the London airport at any point and their connecting flight to Toronto is from the same terminal that their flight from New Delhi is landing in London. They won’t have to collect their luggage at the London airport, they will be collecting their luggage directly in Toronto. The airlines could not be clear on whether a transit visa is required or not and if required what type of transit visa is required. Any help would be appreciated.
Hey did your parents travel without any issues? I am planning to book via british airways too for my parents.