+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

transit visa question.

nakulkhani

Jul 3, 2013
I called up lufthansa India, they said they have no information regarding this.
I sent an email to there customer support, got very rude reply from them, they said they only assist if the ticket is booked from there website.
I am only worried about london.... heathrow website says there is no custom clearence require if one transit from t1 to t3.

ms.mech

Jul 21, 2012
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
22-12-2017
AOR Received.
11-03-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
With File
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-2017
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
nakulkhani said:
I called up lufthansa India, they said they have no information regarding this.
I sent an email to there customer support, got very rude reply from them, they said they only assist if the ticket is booked from there website.
I am only worried about london.... heathrow website says there is no custom clearence require if one transit from t1 to t3.
Custom clearance and immigration check are two different things.

cute_guy

Feb 7, 2013
Here's something I found out :

http://in.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20130415220237AAfY74M

Not sure still :'( :'( :'(

sabby2612

Mar 14, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
all right everyone... let me share some facts with u. lets first talk about heathrow airport, to change terminals, u need no visa to change terminals. for example from terminal 1 to 4 or 3 to 4, u get a bus which runs within the airport, so no exit required, hence no visa required.

Now to be eligible for a transit visa, you must have a connecting flight ticket and your halt at the airport should be more than 4.5 hours. Usually there is a fee for transit visa, but somehow, I didn't pay any fee at London airport. Fee although is 54 Sterling. I would suggest if your halt is of less than 6 hours, don't even bother about transit visa as you may end up missing your flight yeah unless you know the place well. For example, heahtrow airport is damn big and just to reach from one terminal to second, you may end up spending 30 minutes (bus travel, security check etc).

For best fair, do not go to the airline website directly, better try goibibio, makemytrip, yatra... and above all of them, try contacting a local (but a good) air ticketing agent. one way ticket to Canada if booked a month in advance, you can have the ticket for 40 to 45k.

Cheers!

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
nakulkhani said:
Sabby you can get visa on arrival?
no u cant depend on visa on arrival.....u call ur agent ask him the flights he booked and details of those flights....ask him if he has booked ur connecting flight as domestic flight.....what agents do is put u on cheapest flights ..so if ur traveling internally in europe he may have booked u on a domestic flight..if its international flight ur good to go...just ask ur agent...and dont worry no big deal.....happened to me i required visa...i was stuck so i went to the airline ticket counter and asked them to do something the put me on an international flight but I had to wait on the airport for 8 hours very boring....

sabby2612

Mar 14, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well I don't know about what others know... well this is something I have done myself twice. My halt once was for 8 hours at dubai airport and i was going to Uk and obtained transit visa on arrival. Once I was going to Canada and had a halt of 18 hours and obtained the transit visa on arrival and no fee for visa. I bought such a ticket which has halt of 18 hours at london as i wanted to visit a friend and no issues. As far as ticketing is concerned, you can check on the links mentioned earlier and also do check with agents, usually they have deals i mean a good agent who does booking in bulk so what such an agent does is , he blocks certain number of seats and gets the margin. anyway try it out... now what i have mentioned is something I experienced myself.

Cheers!

kushalbini

Star Member
Apr 29, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29/07/2013
I got admission in Dalhousie University in Sept.2013 intake yesterday for Masters in Internetworking. I have to put forward my file but I got 5.5 bands, so any body can tell me is their any chance for getting visa approval.

cute_guy

Feb 7, 2013
kushalbini said:
I got admission in Dalhousie University in Sept.2013 intake yesterday for Masters in Internetworking. I have to put forward my file but I got 5.5 bands, so any body can tell me is their any chance for getting visa approval.
Not the right post bro :( :( :(

cute_guy

Feb 7, 2013
Transit Visa is not required as far as you have onward valid travel ticket and entry visa for the destination(check exemption on UKBA site)
LHR has transit buses that run b/w terminals on air side as told earlier.Make sure that your baggage is checked till the destination , than you are good to go!!!!!!

highflyer

May 24, 2013
ms.mech said:
Yes, cathay is good and is giving away premium economy seats ate very low price + you get to carry extra 23kg under student offer.

So total 23*3(checkin)=69 + 8/10kg(cabin)
Hey Buddy,

Thanks a lot for this info... i booked my tickets on Cathay..got an amazing deal - 53600 for Premium eco for the end of july.... ;D

Congrats on the visa as well.

Cheers

ms.mech

Jul 21, 2012
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
22-12-2017
AOR Received.
11-03-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
With File
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-2017
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
highflyer said:
Hey Buddy,

Thanks a lot for this info... i booked my tickets on Cathay..got an amazing deal - 53600 for Premium eco for the end of july.... ;D

Congrats on the visa as well.

Cheers
Thanks and yes they are good. Did you ask for student offer. and from where did you book ?

highflyer

May 24, 2013
ms.mech said:
Thanks and yes they are good. Did you ask for student offer. and from where did you book ?
I booked on Cathay's website directly. Will call them up to ask for the student offer...but i dont think i will need it. I am sending most of my stuff through DHL as I dont want to carry it around.