+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Transit Visa (please please help)

nibor

Apr 19, 2013
Hi all,

I applied for two transit visas for my trip to India. One for US to India and other for the return trip. I applied for my transit visa for US to India trip way earlier than the transit visa for return trip. But I recently got rejection result for the second transit visa. This is weird at two levels - first the rejection itself and other is fact that I got result for the visa I applied 10 days later earlier than the other one. I have following questions:

1) What are the document required for applying transit visa. I filled the TRV main application form, passport, photo, itinerary. My visa is rejection on the following terms - Lack of evidence establishing ties to the US through academic studies or employment such as current enrollment or employment verification, academic standing, and valid and endorsed I-20, proof of sufficient ties to home country. This information is not even available in the online form. How does someone suppose that this prrof is needed?

2) Why would the result on transit visa that I applied earlier (for US to India) has not been updated?

3) Now that I am re-applying for transit visa for return trip (India to US), I am thinking of applying it for US to India trip also although no decision has been made on this. Since my application is already under process on the online webpage, should it matter if I apply again?

4) I have a Canadian PR stamping on my passport. Can I go without transit visa? I dont have PR card, just the PR stamping on passport.

Thanks so much!

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Why don't you apply for a ten year multiple entry visa instead?

Besides, why don't you book a direct flight or transit through an airport that does not require transit visas? Yes you need a US visa since your country is not on the visa waiver list.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
steaky said:
Besides, why don't you book a direct flight or transit through an airport that does not require transit visas? Yes you need a US visa since your country is not on the visa waiver list.
I agree with Steaky.

You can consider flights that transit through Europe..... for example, London Heathrow, Amsterdam Schiphol, CDG Paris, Brussels, etc..... for which you do not require transit visas as an Indian

nibor

Apr 19, 2013
Guys. I have already booked my flights and air canada was the cheapest. Trip is scheduled in may only. Now if I change my trip, its going to cost me a lot.

What is the typical processing time for 10 year visitor visa application.

CaroM8

Feb 26, 2015
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico City
App. Filed.......
26/09/2016
AOR Received.
20/10/2016 - SA:25/10/2016 - AOR2: 22/12/16
File Transfer...
25/10/2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
11-10-2017
LANDED..........
14-11-2017
It probably would've been better for you to pay a little more and get a flight that doesn't go through the US so you wouldn't have to deal with all this.

We were in the same boat. My bf is from Central America, and most flights to go to Canada have a stopover in the States, which he would need a transit visa to do this. We didn't want to go through the hassle of applying and possibly getting denied so we booked a flight that goes from Guatemala to Costa Rica, then directly to Toronto. It's a bit of an odd flight pattern, takes a bit more time but in the end only cost 50$ more, so it's worth it.

So for now, if I were you I would wait on the response for your second transit visa request. If it is denied, consider changing your flights. The cost of that might be worth all the trouble of applying again.

Good luck! :)