27th Feb
Med's Request
19th Feb
Med's Done....
25th Feb
Interview........
N/A
Hello,

Could you please advise me. I am travelling from Oslo to Calgary via Heathrow on separate tickets.

I will not be having any checked in luggage, I need to just transfer from T2 to T4.

I am a Canadian Permanent Resident and also have valid US Tourist Visa with Indian Passport.

Would I need airside transit visa? This question arises in my mind because I have separate tickets.

Any advice would be appreciated

Thank You
RS

pknight

Jan 20, 2023
Since you will be travelling on two separate tickets, it will depend on whether you are required to pick up your bag at Terminal 2 and then check-in again at Terminal 4. If you have to pick up your bag at Heathrow, you will be going through immigration at Terminal 2 before hopping on a Heathrow Express train to the check-in desks at Terminal 4. In which case, you will need a UK transit visa as you will be entering the UK.

However, if you can check your bags through to Calgary from Oslo, then you will not go through immigration because you can use the airside transfer shuttle. You will not need a visa in this case as you are exempted by the virtue of having Canadian PR and/or valid US travel visa.