+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Transit Visa on arrival - Canadian PR

snasir123

Star Member
Feb 6, 2017
Hello guys !

I have a Canadian PR with Pakistani Passport- I am travelling from Canada to Pakistan via Heathrow. I have a 20 hrs layover in London. I would like to go out for shopping. Is it possible to get the transit visa on arrival in Heathrow or do I need to apply in Canada to transit visa.

Any kind of help would be highly appreciated .

Thanks

rish_ind

Oct 31, 2012
Hello guys !

I have a Canadian PR with Pakistani Passport- I am travelling from Canada to Pakistan via Heathrow. I have a 20 hrs layover in London. I would like to go out for shopping. Is it possible to get the transit visa on arrival in Heathrow or do I need to apply in Canada to transit visa.

Any kind of help would be highly appreciated .

Thanks
https://www.gov.uk/check-uk-visa/y/pakistan/transit/somewhere_else/yes

This is official information link, u will find all info. here

Reactions: snasir123

rish_ind

Oct 31, 2012
I don't know your flight timing but, it seems you don't need a visa since you have confirmed onward flight ticket + Canadian PR.

This is my understanding but advice to check on your own.

snasir123

Star Member
Feb 6, 2017
I don't know your flight timing but, it seems you don't need a visa since you have confirmed onward flight ticket + Canadian PR.

This is my understanding but advice to check on your own.

As per the website ! It seems like i do not need a Transit visa to go outside of the airport - if I have a Canadian PR and a valid onward flight- i would still take all proofs and documentation ( Pay stubs) in case they need it. I just dont want to spend 21 hrs at the airport by doing nothing.

Flight is landing 8 pm and next flight is not until next day 5 pm.

snasir123

Star Member
Feb 6, 2017
I am going on new year -still have few days left- I have not applied for the Visitor Visa - Hoping to get the Transit visa upon arrival- However I asked one of the guy who experienced that and got the visa upon arrival

His reply is below:

Yeah, you can ask for a transit visa to the immigration officer at the airport, which will give you about 24 hrs to go out. I wouldn't mention that you have booked a hotel outside, though. When you are the border control, tell the immigration officer that you have 23hrs layover and would like to see the city.