+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Transit Visa - New York Consulate has been 42 days, no VISA yet

appyg

Nov 8, 2012
Hi

Everyone. I Applied for transit VISA. Sent the application on 22nd of Oct. It was delivered to them on 24th. I still haven't received my passport and other documents. I also sent them a mail on 9th of November and got a generic reply as follows

Please be advised that due to the volume of applications received in this office, we are experiencing a delay in the processing of our files. As stated in our website, "processing times are a minimum of 30 days". However, currently, it is taking us more than 30 days to process applications. Once the application has been finalized, your passport and other documents will be returned to you. However, if you no longer wish to continue with your application, you may send us an email advising our office to withdraw your application. You must refer to your file number in all correspondence sent to our office. Please note processing fees are non-refundable.

My flight is on 24th of December. I do not know what to do because I have to attend my brother's wedding, even if I have to change my flight I minimum need my passport. (Plus it has been so long probably I might as well get my VISA). I live in Pittsburgh and I can probably make a trip to NY.

Can anyone suggest what is the best thing to do at this point?

yuexin

Dec 4, 2012
appyg said:
Hi

Everyone. I Applied for transit VISA. Sent the application on 22nd of Oct. It was delivered to them on 24th. I still haven't received my passport and other documents. I also sent them a mail on 9th of November and got a generic reply as follows

Please be advised that due to the volume of applications received in this office, we are experiencing a delay in the processing of our files. As stated in our website, "processing times are a minimum of 30 days". However, currently, it is taking us more than 30 days to process applications. Once the application has been finalized, your passport and other documents will be returned to you. However, if you no longer wish to continue with your application, you may send us an email advising our office to withdraw your application. You must refer to your file number in all correspondence sent to our office. Please note processing fees are non-refundable.

My flight is on 24th of December. I do not know what to do because I have to attend my brother's wedding, even if I have to change my flight I minimum need my passport. (Plus it has been so long probably I might as well get my VISA). I live in Pittsburgh and I can probably make a trip to NY.

Can anyone suggest what is the best thing to do at this point?

Totally same situation.
I mailed to NY on Oct 13th and they received on Oct.15th but I've not get any reply yet.
I'm studying in Pittsburgh, too.
Just be patient.
I think i would go to NY in person in the next week if I still dont get my passport back.

appyg

Nov 8, 2012
yuexin said:
Totally same situation.
I mailed to NY on Oct 13th and they received on Oct.15th but I've not get any reply yet.
I'm studying in Pittsburgh, too.
Just be patient.
I think i would go to NY in person in the next week if I still dont get my passport back.
Hey! I am planning to do the same too. I have an exam which gets over on Thursday and I am planning to leave Thursday night on Megabus if I don't get my passport by Tuesday/Wednesday. Whats your plan? May be we both can go together? (Hows that for a plan?)

Are you from CMU by any chance?

yiwei

Nov 16, 2012
Hi all,
I have almost the same situation.
I mailed my visitor visa application on Oct. 22 to NYC. And no info yet.

I want to ask one question:
If I go to NYC next week and tell get back all my documents, then apply in person application, will that help? Because my flight is on Dec. 18, I am worried that maybe my travel plan will be changed.
If there any guarantee that in person application will be processed within two days?

Thank you all

frono

Nov 29, 2012
Hi appyg,

are you an international student in the states? did you get the visa to enter Canada? I am an international student too and I was just wondering if I had a chance too.

frono