+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

transit visa for a round trip

bibhu1234

Oct 31, 2015
I have a round trip itinerary to India through Toronto. My first transit through Toronto is in first week of December and the return transit is again in the last week of December. I am an Indian citizen so per the CIC guidelines, I will need to apply for transit visa.

I have made one application for transit visa on CIC's website on 24th Oct. Do I need to make two to account for the return trip or if my application will provide me necessary visa for the round trip transit since I have provided my itinerary? How soon can I expect a response from CIC? In case the visa processing is getting delayed, can I visit the Los Angeles CIC consulate to procure the transit visa any day or is there an appointment process?

I have been browsing through numerous websites for days now but have not found a conclusive answer. CIC website doesn't say anything about it as well. I am surprised because I feel this should be a very common scenario. I don't want to leave matters to chance as processing time seems to be very slow even for transit visas. I will appreciate any help the knowledgeable members of this forum can provide.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
You will need a transit visa for each transit through Canada ie for the onward and the return flights.

Have you specifically requested for transit visas for both trips in your TRV application? Did you mention the date for the transit on the return journey? Or are you assuming that CIC will issue a transit visa for the return journey as well based on your flight itinerary?

ifeedly

Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Please check this out:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5881E.pdf
page 6 says to provide details of how many time you need to enter Canada. That means if you are planning multiple visits in continuation of the same visit it should be declared.
dont forget to attach copies of plane tickets.

pantya

Apr 10, 2017
Hello there,

I am facing same situation.. I applied for transit visa and it got approved now i have to send passport to get it stamped. but do I need to submit another application for transit visas as its roundtrip.

I did submit tickets, In form there is place to specify dates for visa duration but. . Its just for one Visa. If I need to apply for round trip will it be two separate applications?

Regards

SS1983

May 4, 2017
Did you end up applying for transit visa twice?
How long did it take for you to get the transit visa?

pantya said:
Hello there,

I am facing same situation.. I applied for transit visa and it got approved now i have to send passport to get it stamped. but do I need to submit another application for transit visas as its roundtrip.

I did submit tickets, In form there is place to specify dates for visa duration but. . Its just for one Visa. If I need to apply for round trip will it be two separate applications?

Regards

abhishah4444

Apr 17, 2018
Ok so it can be useful to others.

It was pretty straightforward process.

I made online account on CIC for application for transit visa and also added my wife as second applicant.

For each applicant they asked for 5-6 documents to be uploaded like itinerary, pictures, marriage certificate and destination visa if applicable.

On submitting application, within 2 business day, application was approved and got email to submit passport.

I sent passports to NY VAC Canada and VAC processing coast check to Boston lockbox and with in 5-6 business day, passports were returned with 10 year transit visa with multiple entries.

Just make sure, you put start and end date in CI application for round trip and they will give multiple entry visa.

hope this helps.

Garry1728

Oct 13, 2019
Hello there,

Regards