+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Transit visa at Schipol Airport required for Canadian PR?

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
Good morning. I was pretty sure when I researched visa requirements at the time of our flight booking that PR card holders do not need a transit visa (we are flying Dubai - Amsterdam - Calgary).

But I thought I would check and I can't seem to find the same info...Schipol Airport page says a visa is required for various nationalities (my husband is Syrian).

Anyone have experience transiting through Schipol in Amsterdam recently?

C.

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
Found my own answer....unfortunately the info on the airport page is not completely accurate...whew! Posted the answer for other people's benefit :)

from https://www.netherlandsandyou.nl/travel-and-residence/visas-for-the-netherlands/airport-transit-visa

Do I need an airport transit visa?
You only need an airport transit visa if your nationality appears on the list of countries whose nationals require a visa (PDF, 69 KB).

Exemptions
If your nationality appears on this list, check whether you have an exemption. An airport transit visa is also not required if you:

• have a visa or residence permit for a country in the Schengen Area, the EU or the EEA
  • have a visa for Canada, Japan or the United States
  • have a residence permit guaranteeing unlimited return for Andorra, San Marino, Canada, Japan and the United States
  • are a family member of a citizen of the EU, EEA or Switzerland
  • hold a diplomatic passport
  • are on-duty aircrew and a national of a country that is a member of the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO).
C.