+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Transit US on one passport and enter Canada on Canadian passport feasible?

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
7,805
495
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
alphazip said:
The term "immigration fraud" is a bit extreme! If China doesn't allow dual citizenship, that's something to be left to China to enforce. It's not up to us to enforce China's citizenship policy, any more than it is the one-child (now two-child) policy. From Canada's point of view, the person is a Canadian citizen and can enter Canada on a Canadian passport.
In other words, the OP can actually leave China with a Canadian Passport. The OP is trying to leave China on a Chinese Passport as a Canadian. That is immigration fraud regardless of where it occurred since the Chinese Passport is invalid and void.
 

alphazip

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
1,310
136
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
screech339 said:
In other words, the OP can actually leave China with a Canadian Passport. The OP is trying to leave China on a Chinese Passport as a Canadian. That is immigration fraud regardless of where it occurred since the Chinese Passport is invalid and void.
Canada doesn't care how anyone leaves a country! Canada cares about how a person enters Canada, and a Canadian passport guarantees entry into Canada. Do you think if someone fled (say) Syria on forged papers, but presented a valid Canadian passport when trying to enter Canada, that Canada would say, "oh, no...you can't enter...you committed immigration fraud back in Syria"? I don't think so. That's nice that you want to help China enforce Chinese laws, but I think China can handle it.
 

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
7,805
495
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
alphazip said:
Canada doesn't care how anyone leaves a country! Canada cares about how a person enters Canada, and a Canadian passport guarantees entry into Canada. Do you think if someone fled (say) Syria on forged papers, but presented a valid Canadian passport when trying to enter Canada, that Canada would say, "oh, no...you can't enter...you committed immigration fraud back in Syria"? I don't think so. That's nice that you want to help China enforce Chinese laws, but I think China can handle it.
The only reason the Canadian OP wants to leave China with a Chinese Passport is to "keep ability" to own property or assets in China. Otherwise why bother with the hassle.

It is pretty sad that you are comparing China to Syria. China is not a war-zone country. I'm not defending China by all means, but please use better comparison.

Canadian Indonesians do the same thing. They travel to a third country as Canadian and then enter Indonesia as Indonesians from that third country. They are doing this so they want to keep ability to buy property / hold properties. They are hiding their Canadian citizenship from Indonesian government. Are they ashamed to be Canadians? They should accept the consequences of gaining canadian citizenship.
 

alphazip

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
1,310
136
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
screech339 said:
The only reason the Canadian OP wants to leave China with a Chinese Passport is to "keep ability" to own property or assets in China. Otherwise why bother with the hassle.

It is pretty sad that you are comparing China to Syria. China is not a war-zone country. I'm not defending China by all means, but please use better comparison.

Canadian Indonesians do the same thing. They travel to a third country as Canadian and then enter Indonesia as Indonesians from that third country. They are doing this so they want to keep ability to buy property / hold properties. They are hiding their Canadian citizenship from Indonesian government. Are they ashamed to be Canadians? They should accept the consequences of gaining canadian citizenship.
I happen to know an Indonesian Canadian who hasn't let Indonesia know that he has become a Canadian citizen. It's not so that he can hold property (he doesn't), but just because he doesn't want to let go of that tie to his home country. I know that people who used to come over and settle in Canada in the old days (e.g., my ancestors) never went back home again, so it didn't matter if they lost their original citizenship. (Actually, though, since my Canadian ancestors were British, they didn't lose their British status.) In the modern world, people travel all the time, and my friend returns to Indonesia yearly. Maybe Indonesia will find out eventually, but it's not up to me to tell him what to do. I got to keep my native citizenship (American), not that I'm enjoying all the tax complications of being a "U.S. person" in Canada.
 

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
4,774
364
Canada
I am not sure what OP's real intention is however what I can see here is that OP is trying to hide his child's Canadian nationality from Chinese authorities and I think he knows pretty well that China does not allow dual citizenship.
 

alphazip

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
1,310
136
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thecoolguysam said:
I am not sure what OP's real intention is however what I can see here is that OP is trying to hide his child's Canadian nationality from Chinese authorities and I think he knows pretty well that China does not allow dual citizenship.
I think he knows too, and he says he'll deal with it when the child is 18. Of course, if China finds out, he'll have to deal with it before that. In the meantime, if the question is can a Canadian citizen enter Canada on a Canadian passport, irrespective of the person's status in another country, the answer is yes. Can the child travel on his Chinese passport? Yes, unless China finds out that he has lost Chinese citizenship and cancels the passport.
 

willzou

Star Member
Sep 30, 2016
90
2
it's not something that OP try to hide.

Give you a real example that happened recently.

A Chinese Canadian with Canada passport applied China visa. He want to use his Canada passport with China visa to have a trip to China.
in Which you cannot say he hide anything.

But the China consulate told him, he cannot apply China visa with Canada passport, because he did not cancel his HUKOU of China. (HUKOU is something special in China that restrict people to specific city).

As that guy cannot get China visa, he cannot go to China with Canada passport, how can he cancel his HUKOU?
So the only way is he has to go back China with his China passport(which is logically invalid, as he should automatically lose China citizenship while he got his Canada passport).
So ,this is the situation of China passport management. Many thing is vague, and the management is a kind of chaos.

There was another case years ago I heard from news. A Chinese Canadian who violate some law of China, but China does not admit his Canada citizenship, the Government said he must officially declare he gives up China citizenship then he will not be a Chinese.
Without that he is still Chinese. So China's law and enforcement is kind of Vague, give the government flexibility to enforce them.


I may go too far. But another prove is the " One China policy" on Taiwan issue.
China force every country that want to build diplomatic relationship with China to obey "One China policy".
But who know what exactly that means?
Taiwan has its own president, its own border, its own government, military, diplomacy and law.
Law Vagueness is a tactic used by China government, but that's not good to normal people. So please bless Chinese people, donot abuse them.