+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

transit through US

Hey,

Is there a visa required for transitting through the US? or any other countries?. My wife would not be leaving the airport, just waiting for a connecting flight. She will be picking up her PR visa in Ottawa airport.

thanks,

Graeme

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Graeme said:
Hey,

Is there a visa required for transitting through the US? or any other countries?. My wife would not be leaving the airport, just waiting for a connecting flight. She will be picking up her PR visa in Ottawa airport.

thanks,

Graeme
There is no longer a Transit Without Visa for the US (ended 2003)If she normally needs a visitor visa to enter the US, she will require one to transit it.

PMM

thanks for nothing American government,

I called the US consulate in Toronto today, and here there is a 6 week waiting period at the US consulate, so you can have an interview that takes seconds; to get the stupid visa that is required for a connecting flight. According to the women I spoke to.

just my luck because, all the plane tickets that are via good'ole US of Gay are far cheaper and easier to find in a short-time period. From Bangkok to Toronto.

KayCee2

Star Member
Jul 10, 2008
Hey Graeme,

the thought of getting a visa just to transit through another country is always rather annoying, but don't waste your time and energy being frustrated. Go through another country. After all, your primary goal is for your wife to pick up her PR card in Canada...