Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-Jul-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-Aug-2015
LANDED..........
27-Nov-2015
If it's airside, you don't need a visa for Canada or USA, you can easily transit. We are talking about crossing the immigration.
No. Under certain circumstances, you might need a transit VISA even for air side transit. Crossing immigration is a different game altogether. If you have to cross immigration, your country of citizenship would come into play. For example, being an Indian citizen, I would always need a VISA if I need to cross UK Border Control, does not matter if it is even for just 1 minute.

Hopeful007

Feb 16, 2019
No. Under certain circumstances, you might need a transit VISA even for air side transit. Crossing immigration is a different game altogether. If you have to cross immigration, your country of citizenship would come into play. For example, being an Indian citizen, I would always need a VISA if I need to cross UK Border Control, does not matter if it is even for just 1 minute.
If you are a Canadian PR, you don't need for 24 hours or so depending on your next flight:

Transiting without a visa
You may be eligible to transit without a visa if:

• you arrive and depart by air
  • have a confirmed onward flight that leaves on the day you arrive or before midnight on the day after you arrive
  • have the right documents for your destination (eg a visa for that country)
One of the following must also apply:

• you’re travelling to (or on part of a reasonable journey to) Australia, Canada, New Zealand or the USA and have a valid visa for that country
  • you’re travelling from (or on part of a reasonable journey from) Australia, Canada, New Zealand or the USA and have a valid visa for that country
  • you’re travelling from (or on part of a reasonable journey from) Australia, Canada, New Zealand or the USA and it’s less than 6 months since you last entered that country with a valid entry visa
  • you have a permanent residence permit issued by Australia or New Zealand
  • you have a common format residence permit issued by an European Economic Area (EEA) country or Switzerland
  • you have a permanent residence permit issued by Canada on or after 28 June 2002
  • you have a uniform format category D visa for entry to a country in the EEA or Switzerland
  • you have an Irish biometric visa (marked ‘BC’ or ‘BC BIVS’ in the ‘Remarks’ section) and an onward flight ticket to the Republic of Ireland
  • you’re travelling from the Republic of Ireland and it’s less than 3 months since you were last given permission, on the basis of holding a valid Irish biometric visa, to land or be in Ireland
  • you have a valid USA permanent residence card issued by the USA on or after 21 April 1998
  • you have a valid USA I-551 Temporary Immigrant visa issued by the USA (a wet-ink stamp version will not be accepted)
  • you have an expired USA I-551 Permanent Residence card issued by the USA on or after 21 April 1998, with a valid I-797 letter authorising extension
  • you have a valid standalone US Immigration Form 155A/155B issued by the USA (attached to a sealed brown envelope)

Reactions: armoured