Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Nov 11th 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 23rd 2010
LANDED..........
Nov 26th 2010
My file was transferred to Detroit today. Apparently I can't ask the status of my application for 90 days?! Honestly, I am stressed out to the max right now. I don't understand why they had to transfer it, and I hate that now it will take months longer. I don't know what to think, and why it had to be my application that was transferred.

Can anyone provide any insight? Anyone with experience with the Detroit office?

iLoveSnow

Sep 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I know I responded to you on another thread...just joining this thread though too =) I just like pushing the "Show new replies to your post" button to check in on everyone lol. So anyway...very anxious today...

AngelB

May 13, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 7th 2010
File Transfer...
Oct 26th 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Nov 11th 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 23rd 2010
LANDED..........
Nov 26th 2010
iLoveSnow said:
I know I responded to you on another thread...just joining this thread though too =) I just like pushing the "Show new replies to your post" button to check in on everyone lol. So anyway...very anxious today...
Welcome! :p

VERY anxious today. I don't know what to make of this whole thing. It's ever so stressful. You know anything?

iLoveSnow

Sep 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Not a thing. Other than what I've read on the other thread about files that have been transferred. Also apparently a lot of files got transferred today. This makes me think it was done to expedite things. Maybe Buffalo got backed up and some manager said "Okay time to get some help from our other offices"

canadadream1

Aug 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2009
Doc's Request.
5-10-2009
AOR Received.
20-11-2009
File Transfer...
17-05-2010
Med's Request
15-06-2010
Med's Done....
14-07-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
14-10-2010
LANDED..........
sometime Jan 2011
AngelB said:
Welcome! :p

VERY anxious today. I don't know what to make of this whole thing. It's ever so stressful. You know anything?
After our case was moved to Detroit they process it very quickly. Just 5 month to get approval. First the e-cas change to In Process, after 1 month we got Medicals Request and after 3 months from medicals we got PPR. Our case is FSW I don't know if that is different. But mostly your case will be expedite at Detroit office.

iLoveSnow

Sep 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This morning I emailed Detroit with an email letting them know that I had emailed Buffalo before with an address change but didn't know if it had went through or not. They just emailed me back letting me know that they have not received my application yet and to resend the email in a couple weeks....so anyway...just keeping you updated...