+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Transferred to a special Unit - Study Permit Application

canadajay

Apr 30, 2018
Hello,

I applied for a study permit about 12 weeks ago. Two weeks ago (10 weeks after submitted my application) I submitted a web inquiry to ask about the status of my application, I received the following email today.

I already know that my application is going background checks. I have an active EE application and I previously received an ITA but my PR application was canceled due to missing documents.

1. What does this email mean and why the special unit?
2. How long will this delay be for? School starts in September (Masters Degree)

"Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information provided and can confirm that your application was transferred to a special unit and is still in process.

While this review will result in an additional delay, rest assured that we will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.

We will communicate with you once a decision is taken or if additional information is required."

Navdeepgill2

Sep 25, 2017
Hello,

I applied for a study permit about 12 weeks ago. Two weeks ago (10 weeks after submitted my application) I submitted a web inquiry to ask about the status of my application, I received the following email today.

I already know that my application is going background checks. I have an active EE application and I previously received an ITA but my PR application was canceled due to missing documents.

1. What does this email mean and why the special unit?
2. How long will this delay be for? School starts in September (Masters Degree)

"Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information provided and can confirm that your application was transferred to a special unit and is still in process.

While this review will result in an additional delay, rest assured that we will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.

We will communicate with you once a decision is taken or if additional information is required."
Did you get an information letter in your account saying we have transferred your case to other office?

canadajay

Apr 30, 2018
Did you get an information letter in your axaccou saying we have transferred your case to other office?
No it was just an email. Nothing in my account.from this email "CE CSC Do Not Reply / Ne Pas Repondre CSC EC (IRCC) <IRCC.CECSCDoNotReply-NePasRepondreCSCEC.IRCC@cic.gc.ca>"

alok21u

Apr 26, 2018
I have received the similar status reply through email - "We verified the information provided and can confirm that your application was transferred to a special unit in Montreal and is still in process."

with no update in my EE application profile.

canadajay

Apr 30, 2018
I have received the similar status reply through email - "We verified the information provided and can confirm that your application was transferred to a special unit in Montreal and is still in process."

with no update in my EE application profile.
This is not for EE though. I got this for my study permit application