App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017 (AOR 1); 26-05-2017 (AOR2)
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
Has anyone had any experience with their file being transferred to another Visa Office to be scheduled for an interview (not landing interview)? After being in queue for an interview for 2.5 months, our file has been transferred from Mexico City to Buenos Aires, where I suppose my partner will have his interview.

Anyone have experience with this? My spouse is from Chile and they closed the Visa Office in Santiago, so I guess that is why they are probably going to do it in Buenos Aires. I'm just wondering how long it's going to take them to open the file and to actually get us an interview date. It took them 7 plus weeks for them to open our file in Mexico City with our first transfer :(. I sure hope it won't take that long with this Visa Office!

geografa

Apr 30, 2017
Has anyone had any experience with their file being transferred to another Visa Office to be scheduled for an interview (not landing interview)? After being in queue for an interview for 2.5 months, our file has been transferred from Mexico City to Buenos Aires, where I suppose my partner will have his interview.

Anyone have experience with this? My spouse is from Chile and they closed the Visa Office in Santiago, so I guess that is why they are probably going to do it in Buenos Aires. I'm just wondering how long it's going to take them to open the file and to actually get us an interview date. It took them 7 plus weeks for them to open our file in Mexico City with our first transfer :(. I sure hope it won't take that long with this Visa Office!
I find it so odd that they closed the office in Santiago, especially given that Chileans are now visa-exempt, you would think this would cause a spike in all sorts of immigration applications. I really hope things move swiftly for you! If it helps at all, my partner got his visitor's visa through that office. He went in personally to deliver documents etc. and everything was so fast. It was approved within 5 days. Now, this is a different beast altogether, but I get the sense that there is not a lot of Family sponsorship applications from Argentina, so hopefully it works in your favour and things are speedy!!

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
I find it so odd that they closed the office in Santiago, especially given that Chileans are now visa-exempt, you would think this would cause a spike in all sorts of immigration applications. I really hope things move swiftly for you! If it helps at all, my partner got his visitor's visa through that office. He went in personally to deliver documents etc. and everything was so fast. It was approved within 5 days. Now, this is a different beast altogether, but I get the sense that there is not a lot of Family sponsorship applications from Argentina, so hopefully it works in your favour and things are speedy!!
I hope so, because it should be a smaller Visa Office. I think we were expecting that the interview wouldn't take place in Santiago and I was thinking that he would have to go to BA. I have not seen any Chileans get interviews, so I have no experience with this.

geografa

Apr 30, 2017
I hope so, because it should be a smaller Visa Office. I think we were expecting that the interview wouldn't take place in Santiago and I was thinking that he would have to go to BA. I have not seen any Chileans get interviews, so I have no experience with this.
You're right, it is strange! Maybe they won't want to be bothered and will waive it in the end ;)

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
You're right, it is strange! Maybe they won't want to be bothered and will waive it in the end ;)
That would be so nice, but I don't want to put all my marbles on that one! This is all uncharted territory, as I have not seen this happen to anyone here before!

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
My concern is that it will take longer than forever, as they will have to review our evidence again, as there are no notes indicating what their concerns are about our relationship. :( What a nightmare this is turning out to be!