+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Transfer of citizenship application from BC to Quebec

key78

Star Member
Aug 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My sister is moving with her partner from BC to Quebec. Her citizenship application is still in process at the IRCC's office in Vancouver, BC. Are there any implications/disadvantages of the transfer of her citizenship application when she updates IRCC with her new address in Quebec? Does Quebec have new requirements for citizenship that could affect her current application?

Thank you all for your answers!

Isaga

Star Member
May 26, 2019
Hi, I transfer my file from On to BC 3 months ago, the physical file is yet to be transferred to BC. I called IRCC and they said the transfer is in process.
My application originally in process.
Due to what's going on now expect some delay. One big disadvantage is that the physical file has to be transferred to QC and assigned to a new officer then will get in the queue for test or ceremony whatever the next step.

key78

Star Member
Aug 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks guys! I guess the waiting game will be longer for my sister :(

canvisa13

Nov 21, 2019
From other posts in this forum, I was under impression that CIC, Sydney office will scan and digitize the application and send it (or) assign it (electronically) to local field office for further processing. The local field office will assign the agents depending on their availability.

I don't think they will transfer the physical documents between offices. I could be wrong though. Any seniors views? @dpenabill @scylla

Isaga

Star Member
May 26, 2019
From other posts in this forum, I was under impression that CIC, Sydney office will scan and digitize the application and send it (or) assign it (electronically) to local field office for further processing. The local field office will assign the agents depending on their availability.

I don't think they will transfer the physical documents between offices. I could be wrong though. Any seniors views? @dpenabill @scylla
Nope, They transfer the physical file. I contacted IRCC, my address has been changed in the system about 2 weeks form my transfer request. it's just the physical file need to be transferred and assigned to an officer.

mbaleine

Mar 13, 2019
Nope, They transfer the physical file. I contacted IRCC, my address has been changed in the system about 2 weeks form my transfer request. it's just the physical file need to be transferred and assigned to an officer.
Still? In this day and age? Unbelievable. Digitize the whole goddamn system already.

• Haha
Reactions: Das67