+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

transfer from centennial to other college...whats the procedure??

moneywater

Dec 10, 2012
Canada
NOC Code......
[color=blue]2241[/color]
App. Filed.......
03-03-2016
AOR Received.
22-04-2016
Med's Request
24-02-2017
Med's Done....
08-03-2017
Passport Req..
XX-XX-2017
LANDED..........
already in!!
Whats the procedure for transferring college from centennial college to some other....has anybody done that??

whats the procedure and how much days it take?? (for fee transfer etc.)

mr.parmar

Star Member
Jul 7, 2013
hoshiarpur
Category........
Visa Office......
chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
VISA ISSUED...
waheguru :)
moneywater said:
Whats the procedure for transferring college from centennial college to some other....has anybody done that??

why you want to transfer ?
is there any problem with college. I just want to know coz i am also applying for same college progress campus

btw if you want to transfer then get offer letter from other college and your centennial college will directly transfer your fee to that college

are you changing level of your study ? . . .if so then you need to inform to cic

look from cic.gc.ca about changing college

dipta

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2013
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Onlline 09-04-2013
File Transfer...
09-04-2013
Med's Request
21-04-2013
Med's Done....
22-04-2013
Passport Req..
07-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-05-2013
LANDED..........
24-08-2013
moneywater said:

you have to take admission in the college first then tell your current college to transfer fees to that one and also reason why you are leaving this college and give them admission paper of the college you want to go. Fees transfer time will depend upon your college.

moneywater

Dec 10, 2012
Canada
NOC Code......
[color=blue]2241[/color]
App. Filed.......
03-03-2016
AOR Received.
22-04-2016
Med's Request
24-02-2017
Med's Done....
08-03-2017
Passport Req..
XX-XX-2017
LANDED..........
already in!!
dipta said:
you have to take admission in the college first then tell your current college to transfer fees to that one and also reason why you are leaving this college and give them admission paper of the college you want to go. Fees transfer time will depend upon your college.
i already got admission in other college but its a certificate course....can i change course from diploma to certificate without notifying CIC...or do i need to notify??

dipta

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2013
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Onlline 09-04-2013
File Transfer...
09-04-2013
Med's Request
21-04-2013
Med's Done....
22-04-2013
Passport Req..
07-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-05-2013
LANDED..........
24-08-2013
moneywater said:
i already got admission in other college but its a certificate course....can i change course from diploma to certificate without notifying CIC...or do i need to notify??
I think there is a page in http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=487&t=15 for changing institution.

sabby2612

Mar 14, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Post-secondary student

You may change your school, program and/or field of study without applying for a new study permit. You do not need to apply for a change to the condition of your study permit, either. You may continue to use your study permit as long as it is valid.
If you are changing your level of study (e.g., bachelor’s to master’s), you do not need to apply for a change to the condition of your study permit, either.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=487&t=15

now about changing college... Centennial is bit of a freak... they won't transfer your funds from their college to another college. Of course the other college you are joining should be in SPP list. What Centennial is gonna do now is they will refund your fee in your very own account from where the funds originated. Then from there, you can pay to the next college. However, in all this transit of money form one account to another, you will surely loose around 15 to 20k INR just because of forex conversion and wire transfer fee (of course not to forget the admin fee Centennial is going to charge you which should be 500 to 900 CAD).

Now, I know some experts will pop in here and say colleges don't transfer the funds back to your account, they simply just transfer the funds to another SPP college you joined... anyway you can try, try writing an email to Centennial to confirm this. As per September 2013, Centannial and some other colleges too, they have tie-ups (which can be better called - anti poaching) and they aren't transferring fee to another college rather made the process bit tedious to avoid such cases.

Cheers!

moneywater

Dec 10, 2012
Canada
NOC Code......
[color=blue]2241[/color]
App. Filed.......
03-03-2016
AOR Received.
22-04-2016
Med's Request
24-02-2017
Med's Done....
08-03-2017
Passport Req..
XX-XX-2017
LANDED..........
already in!!
sabby2612 said:
Post-secondary student

You may change your school, program and/or field of study without applying for a new study permit. You do not need to apply for a change to the condition of your study permit, either. You may continue to use your study permit as long as it is valid.
If you are changing your level of study (e.g., bachelor's to master's), you do not need to apply for a change to the condition of your study permit, either.

now about changing college... Centennial is bit of a freak... they won't transfer your funds from their college to another college. Of course the other college you are joining should be in SPP list. What Centennial is gonna do now is they will refund your fee in your very own account from where the funds originated. Then from there, you can pay to the next college. However, in all this transit of money form one account to another, you will surely loose around 15 to 20k INR just because of forex conversion and wire transfer fee (of course not to forget the admin fee Centennial is going to charge you which should be 500 to 900 CAD).

Now, I know some experts will pop in here and say colleges don't transfer the funds back to your account, they simply just transfer the funds to another SPP college you joined... anyway you can try, try writing an email to Centennial to confirm this. As per September 2013, Centannial and some other colleges too, they have tie-ups (which can be better called - anti poaching) and they aren't transferring fee to another college rather made the process bit tedious to avoid such cases.

Cheers!
so you are saying that centennial will wire transfer in my account rather than in the college account?

sabby2612

Mar 14, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
this is what I got to know from Centennial's representative. But you can try too! send them an email asking about the same and you shall hear the truth.. September is not to far, so if you planning to go for september intake, you might already be late. even in colleges, some programs are closed now for september intake, so u better hurry... you mentioned you already have obtained offer letter from another college... r u in Canada or still in your country?

and which country you are from? what was the duration of the program you had earlier and what's the duration of the program you enrolled in now?

lucky_always24

Jun 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh Consulate General
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-July-2013 , 28-Nov-2014
IELTS Request
6.5 Bands
Med's Done....
04-06-13, 04-11-14
Passport Req..
With File
VISA ISSUED...
Approved on 11-12-2014
LANDED..........
17-01-2015
I'm also want to change my college from centennial to Lambton. But Problem is that, Lambton college have no seat in that program. In this case What I need to do ? Can i wait till next semester while living in Canada ? I have no option than lambton.

Guriiiiiii said:
bro once you come here then you can change your college as well as your program ..

KENGAM

Star Member
Sep 28, 2018
Post-secondary student

If you are changing your level of study (e.g., bachelor’s to master’s), you do not need to apply for a change to the condition of your study permit, either.

Cheers!
Sabby , please guide me , I have got LOA for college and they are asking min deposit 1500CAD , along with college I have applied Universities' , these results may be announce after two months , before that college LOA date will be lapse , now tell
which option I have to choose :
Can I pay the min deposit amount lock the seat . By doing this , can I get fees back if I cancel the seat or transfer this amount from college to university , is there any option if I cancel the seat .
or
I have to wait further