+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Transcripts from kerala university and WES evaluation

Drneethi

Feb 10, 2018
Hi all,
So I am back with another topic in my blog which is about attaining transcript of marks from the University of Kerala, Kerala, India and about sending the documents for WES Evaluation.
I have briefed everything from my experience.

Please check out the below link to read more on the topic:
https://drneethi.wordpress.com/2018/05/13/transcripts-from-kerala-university-wes/

PS: I am a blogger who blogs on topics related to Canadian PR/Express entry/Immigration

Mar 13, 2019
Update : Mar 2019.

Guys, There have been changes in the format of transcripts issued by the University of late. I would suggest, first directly head to Delaminators in Salphalam complex with your marks sheet and get transcripts typed and printed. The format currently in Kerala University website is wrong. Then follow rest of the university processes as mentioned in the below thread (like application, challan and pass).

If you are looking for sending the transcripts for WES, in addition to the marks sheets and degree certificates, they will insist on the filled in Academic requests form (which can be downloaded from WES) and a copy of transfer certificate from college. If you have already submitted your UG TC at your PG university and doesn't have a copy of same, then you are screwed. You need to contact your college to get a copy or your PG college for the same.

Additionally, the university as stopped giving the sealed envelopes to us. Instead, you need to bring your own envelope, copy of degree certificate with Stamps pasted on envelope (India post Speed post - Post office will paste the stamps for Rs 1400 if for Canada and also with sticker for speed post) and submit the envelope at the B.Tech section office (same place you submitted the application). University will be sign, seal and will dispatch the transcripts from their dispatch department. It will take a day for them to send from section to university post office.

LBen

Mar 5, 2018

Guys, There have been changes in the format of transcripts issued by the University of late. I would suggest, first directly head to Delaminators in Salphalam complex with your marks sheet and get transcripts typed and printed. The format currently in Kerala University website is wrong. Then follow rest of the university processes as mentioned in the below thread (like application, challan and pass).

If you are looking for sending the transcripts for WES, in addition to the marks sheets and degree certificates, they will insist on the filled in Academic requests form (which can be downloaded from WES) and a copy of transfer certificate from college. If you have already submitted your UG TC at your PG university and doesn't have a copy of same, then you are screwed. You need to contact your college to get a copy or your PG college for the same.

Additionally, the university as stopped giving the sealed envelopes to us. Instead, you need to bring your own envelope, copy of degree certificate with Stamps pasted on envelope (India post Speed post - Post office will paste the stamps for Rs 1400 if for Canada and also with sticker for speed post) and submit the envelope at the B.Tech section office (same place you submitted the application). University will be sign, seal and will dispatch the transcripts from their dispatch department. It will take a day for them to send from section to university post office.
WES does not mention anything about TC in their required documents section. Can you pls clarify where you got this info?
Regarding the envelope with the stamps, when do we need to take it to the university - during our second visit? Is Speed Post facility available at the university post office?

prince2019

Apr 3, 2019

Hi
How much time does Kerala University take to send the transcripts to WES or ICES? Ours is a B Com
As we are out of the country, we want to go and apply, but will they send it in 2/3 days or one week? If then we will stay there till they send it to ICES.

Thanks in advance

LBen

Mar 5, 2018
I am preparing the Transcript of Marks form from the Kerala University for B.Tech 2003 scheme. It is required to fill the Exam code and Month and Year of Exam for each semester along with candidate code and GPA. If I have done an improvement or supplementary exam for a semester, what shall I fill as the Exam code and Month and Year of Exam – should it be for the first exam or for the improvement exam?

Thanks,
LBen

Rmv.18

Star Member
Jun 11, 2019
I am preparing the Transcript of Marks form from the Kerala University for B.Tech 2003 scheme. It is required to fill the Exam code and Month and Year of Exam for each semester along with candidate code and GPA. If I have done an improvement or supplementary exam for a semester, what shall I fill as the Exam code and Month and Year of Exam – should it be for the first exam or for the improvement exam?

Thanks,
LBen

Not sure about that.But if you do not have a copy of TC,do not write month in the Acdemic Request form that is downloaded from WES.

Hello guys

I have sent my documents to WES about two months ago and they have received the same. However they have received the same at their office premises. My question is WES has initiated re-verification of documents before the current lockdown in India which was implemented on India on March 24th. I understand lockdown has affected the normal working of university, but anyone can let me know how to contact kerala univeristy to respond back to WES re-verification request ?

@Shiv01 Hello brother. Apologies if my reply seems too long like an essay, but I want to make everything clear and precise for you.

To apply for Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) with World Education Services (WES) its a time taking process ( about 6 plus months). WES is serving for the ECA process of two countries, one is US immigration and Canadian Immigration. So if you are looking for Canada, then start the process immediately. Let me guide you step by step :-

1. Go to WES website ( www.wes.org)
2. To the top right corner of the screen select the country you prefer
3. Next is New Applicants (Get Started)
4. Fill the online application and pay the fees.
5. For Canada the fees is Canadian dollar $230 (around ₹12720, slight difference will be there based on daily exchange rates)
6. Once you make the payment you will then get a 7 digit WES reference number to your email address then your WES account is activated
7. Enter your account and fill your education details ( This may be on while you filling the initial application, I don't remember as I have done about 6 months ago)

The above process will be completed within few minutes, based on your network speed ☺
Next is the tedious process.

9. Go to your university and apply for official transcript. Normally in India universities will not provide transcript of marks, as they will provide separate mark-list for each year and then the degree certificate. But in foreign universities they will provide official transcript for their students. So WES prefers documents must be send as transcripts.

Transcript is an official document prepared by university, simply saying a consolidated mark list (marks for all the years). University will charge you for preparing this document.

The main thing you need to keep in mind is WES will only accept documents send from university directly (not by you, any agents, any colleges etc) in their sealed envelope.

University will charge you a fees to prepare this document. Some computer centers near your university campus will help you to prepare transcript document in prescribed format and you need to pay them.

After that submit these documents to the concerned section of your university ( section can be found from the backside of your degree certificate normally or anywhere on the certificate document). This will take one to two weeks. After that an official person from your university will call you to bring a king size envelope, stamp fees to send the documents to Canada. In my case the stamp fees was ₹1400. You will also buy a Customs Declaration Form from the post office in university campus.

The packing of the documents and sealing will be done in your presence by the official and they will dispatch this to India Post for sending this to Canada by air mail. Normally this will take up to 10 days up to reach at WES Office. But I am not aware about current situation due to COVID-19.

If you are a post graduate you need to submit both your UG and PG documents for assessment. (10th, 12th not required). The most funny part if you tok both UG and PG in same university you can save some time. But if you took the course from two different universities same process repeats but time varies.

I have done my UG in Kerala University and PG in Annamalai University. So I approached both the universities.

10. Once WES receive the documents they will initiate a secondary verification that is they will again send the photocopies of the documents to the university both by standard post and by email for confirmation from universities that these documents are genuine. This is because WES strictly follows two step verification process to avoid fraud. Then will receive another call from your university to pay the re-verification fees. After you pay this then the university will send the confirmation and WES will proceed with your evaluation.

The re-verification process is the very very tedious process as most of the government universities will not respond to WES in a timely manner but this is a reality. When we contact WES they will repeat they have concerned officials at every universities all over the world, but no use. We need to chase continuously with universities for this process done. Let me tell you my experience.

Kerala University
-------------------
* Initial transcript application fees : ₹4420 (including document preparation, official transcript and postal charges)
* Re-verification : ₹2100

Total : - ₹6440

Annamalai University
--------------------------

* Initial Application : ₹5200 (equivalent to 75 US Dollars)
* Re-verification : ₹3783 (equivalent to 50 US Dollars)

Total : - ₹8983

I told all these details not to de-motivate you, but you need to know the complete details and realities before starting the process, otherwise you may get frustrated if the process take too long and that you've paid your hard earned money.

In my case I have started the process about 6 months before and WES has sent the details to both Universities in February last week. That is before lock down. Till now they have not send the re-verification confirmation even they have contacted me to pay the fees and I am now sending them emails, tried to call but no use. However I hope they will send it soon.

Most of the FAQ is available in WES website which will be very useful for you. Also they have special section for Indian students ( https://www.wes.org/advisor-blog/how-to-get-your-indian-degree-evaluated/) Please check this.

So the total cost for my process as follows :-

* WES : - ₹12717
* Universities : - ₹15423
* Total : - ₹28140

Please don't assess me as a rich person, I managing all these process by my monthly salary and some loans and I also have monthly EMIs too.

Your time, your money, your effort, your hard work is all included in this process, so keep calm, start the process and keep the flair in you, You will reach your goal. Wishing you all the very best.

Thanks & Regards
Vishnudas Ramesh

Reactions: ETHU SURESH
Aug 17, 2020
Hi @vishnuramesh1994 ,

Could you please brief the process of documentation done from the Annamalai University ? i will complete my MCA from Annamalai upcoming year and need to do the ECA process for WES from there. It would be very helpful if you explain the process for getting the same( ECA) from the Annamalai.
I have done my UG from kerala university and you have well explained the details of them on above post. but need to know the same for annamalai? and is it possible to make a account on WES for both in a single instance?

Hope you reply for this. Thank You[/QUOTE]

Anish_9310

Aug 15, 2020
This is the Response i got from Annamalai University. The -part i din't understand is that along with their attestation they will issue a Whomsoever it may concern" letter- is this letter the transcript?

As per the University procedure, for Transcript request, we attest photocopies of the mark sheets and degree certificate, sent by you. Along with the attested copies, we issue a "Whomsoever it may concern" letter, which furnish information like programme of study, duration of study, class obtained and Medium of instruction, etc. and the University shall send the Transcript in an attested and sealed envelope to the address mentioned in your request letter.

Please send a requisition letter along with photocopies of your certificates and a demand draft of 75 US dollars Per Programme Per Copy (shall be taken in current value of Indian Rs. equals to 75 US $) in favour of "The Controller of Examinations, Annamalai University", payable at Chennai (or) you can pay Rs. 5,200/- (per Transcript / Degree) online via our web address http://coe.annamalaiuniversity.ac.in/bank/transcript.php. Also mention the complete postal address, where it has to be delivered. Send your request to "The Controller of Examinations, Annamalai University, Annamalainagar – 608 002. Chidambaram Taluk. Tamil Nadu State. India.

Also, email a soft copy of all certificates & payment receipt towards TRANSCRIPT to the Controller of Examinations : aucoecell2016@gmail.com and or contact : 04144-238282 / 238796 / 238263 / 238266 / 238608 / 238248 (Extn. No. 230 / 174 / 578) on any working days from Monday - Friday between 10.00 a.m. to 5.30 p.m. (except 1 p.m. to 2.30 p.m.). and may request the Controller of Examinations to confirm the time taken to send back the Transcript.

ETHU SURESH

Oct 2, 2020
@Shiv01 Hello brother. Apologies if my reply seems too long like an essay, but I want to make everything clear and precise for you.

To apply for Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) with World Education Services (WES) its a time taking process ( about 6 plus months). WES is serving for the ECA process of two countries, one is US immigration and Canadian Immigration. So if you are looking for Canada, then start the process immediately. Let me guide you step by step :-

1. Go to WES website ( www.wes.org)
2. To the top right corner of the screen select the country you prefer
3. Next is New Applicants (Get Started)
4. Fill the online application and pay the fees.
5. For Canada the fees is Canadian dollar $230 (around ₹12720, slight difference will be there based on daily exchange rates)
6. Once you make the payment you will then get a 7 digit WES reference number to your email address then your WES account is activated
7. Enter your account and fill your education details ( This may be on while you filling the initial application, I don't remember as I have done about 6 months ago)

The above process will be completed within few minutes, based on your network speed ☺
Next is the tedious process.

9. Go to your university and apply for official transcript. Normally in India universities will not provide transcript of marks, as they will provide separate mark-list for each year and then the degree certificate. But in foreign universities they will provide official transcript for their students. So WES prefers documents must be send as transcripts.

Transcript is an official document prepared by university, simply saying a consolidated mark list (marks for all the years). University will charge you for preparing this document.

The main thing you need to keep in mind is WES will only accept documents send from university directly (not by you, any agents, any colleges etc) in their sealed envelope.

University will charge you a fees to prepare this document. Some computer centers near your university campus will help you to prepare transcript document in prescribed format and you need to pay them.

After that submit these documents to the concerned section of your university ( section can be found from the backside of your degree certificate normally or anywhere on the certificate document). This will take one to two weeks. After that an official person from your university will call you to bring a king size envelope, stamp fees to send the documents to Canada. In my case the stamp fees was ₹1400. You will also buy a Customs Declaration Form from the post office in university campus.

The packing of the documents and sealing will be done in your presence by the official and they will dispatch this to India Post for sending this to Canada by air mail. Normally this will take up to 10 days up to reach at WES Office. But I am not aware about current situation due to COVID-19.

If you are a post graduate you need to submit both your UG and PG documents for assessment. (10th, 12th not required). The most funny part if you tok both UG and PG in same university you can save some time. But if you took the course from two different universities same process repeats but time varies.

I have done my UG in Kerala University and PG in Annamalai University. So I approached both the universities.

10. Once WES receive the documents they will initiate a secondary verification that is they will again send the photocopies of the documents to the university both by standard post and by email for confirmation from universities that these documents are genuine. This is because WES strictly follows two step verification process to avoid fraud. Then will receive another call from your university to pay the re-verification fees. After you pay this then the university will send the confirmation and WES will proceed with your evaluation.

The re-verification process is the very very tedious process as most of the government universities will not respond to WES in a timely manner but this is a reality. When we contact WES they will repeat they have concerned officials at every universities all over the world, but no use. We need to chase continuously with universities for this process done. Let me tell you my experience.

Kerala University
-------------------
* Initial transcript application fees : ₹4420 (including document preparation, official transcript and postal charges)
* Re-verification : ₹2100

Total : - ₹6440

Annamalai University
--------------------------

* Initial Application : ₹5200 (equivalent to 75 US Dollars)
* Re-verification : ₹3783 (equivalent to 50 US Dollars)

Total : - ₹8983

I told all these details not to de-motivate you, but you need to know the complete details and realities before starting the process, otherwise you may get frustrated if the process take too long and that you've paid your hard earned money.

In my case I have started the process about 6 months before and WES has sent the details to both Universities in February last week. That is before lock down. Till now they have not send the re-verification confirmation even they have contacted me to pay the fees and I am now sending them emails, tried to call but no use. However I hope they will send it soon.

Most of the FAQ is available in WES website which will be very useful for you. Also they have special section for Indian students ( https://www.wes.org/advisor-blog/how-to-get-your-indian-degree-evaluated/) Please check this.

So the total cost for my process as follows :-

* WES : - ₹12717
* Universities : - ₹15423
* Total : - ₹28140

Please don't assess me as a rich person, I managing all these process by my monthly salary and some loans and I also have monthly EMIs too.

Your time, your money, your effort, your hard work is all included in this process, so keep calm, start the process and keep the flair in you, You will reach your goal. Wishing you all the very best.

Thanks & Regards
Vishnudas Ramesh
Hi Vishnu, @vishnuramesh1994
In my case also, I have done my PG from Annamalai University MBA. I paid the fees for transcript and the university sent the documents to WES. On 19th August 2020, I got the message status in WES "WES has requested further verification from the issuing institution and is waiting for their response." I have contacted ANNAMALAI UNIVERSITY several times and got the same reply that they didn't get any verification mail or post from WES till today. Now it took more than one month and no further updates are there. How long will it take to receive the verification confirmation call from Annamalai university? Please help. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Hi @vishnuramesh1994 ,

Could you please brief the process of documentation done from the Annamalai University ? i will complete my MCA from Annamalai upcoming year and need to do the ECA process for WES from there. It would be very helpful if you explain the process for getting the same( ECA) from the Annamalai.
I have done my UG from kerala university and you have well explained the details of them on above post. but need to know the same for annamalai? and is it possible to make a account on WES for both in a single instance?

Hope you reply for this. Thank You
[/QUOTE]
Hi @mohammedhashim.haja

Apologies for the late reply, I was running with my job.

At both the universities you need to submit all the documents related to your degree like the mark lists of all the years/semesters. Universities will send the documents directly to WES as they only accept documents directly send from universities in sealed cover. They will not accept documents send by us, any person on behalf of us or any agents. The entire process you can do it yourself by spending time and hard work. No need to depend any agents.

Now coming to the Annamalai University, I need to make several contacts with them to complete my ECA process and the interesting part ECA is the most important process of immigration to Canada. My explanation above is simply my experience, I am not an agent or an immigration expert. The only way to contact them is via email, but do not expect an apt answer for your question, because as per my experience I am too doubtful whether the staff sitting there is educated. Also they will charge you money both for sending the documents first to WES and then around 3k for just send a re-verification email to WES. I have explained everything clearly in the above reply to @Shiv01. So my expense at Annamalai was around 8k for the whole process.

Coming to WES, you only need a single account with them and you can add your education qualifications like UG, PG o anything additional. But you need to approach organizations separately from which you earned these qualifications to send your documents directly to WES.

I hope this helps ☺

Thanks & Regards
Vishnudas R S