+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Transcript from University of Madras

SKK6467

Jan 30, 2016
Hi,

Can anyone share their experience in getting the Transcript from University of Madras for Bsc. staying as NRI.
I dont have my original certificates with me. My friend went there on my behalf for this with letter from me explaining my situation with all the original certificate. They are not accepting any mail/letter, asking me to come in person.

Thanks in advance.

avstools

Star Member
Sep 24, 2013
Edmonton, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland FSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Spouse RCMP-June 17th..Submitted June 30th
AOR Received.
28/05/2015
Med's Done....
09/05/2015
Passport Req..
17th November 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Passports Received on 30th Nov 2015
LANDED..........
5th Dec. 2015 at Coutts
Hi.

Unfortunately for Lost Certificates, surely you may have to go and get it done. In Chennai few years back, there was a scam of bogus certificates. So the University authorities will not allow any other representative than the Candidate himself. My father in law is struggling there to do the same for one of our friends, who happen to be a Sri Lankan tamil, studied there in Chennai.

Even if you go there you might have to do many documentations/procedures to get a University Approved Duplicate Certificate. It is bit tough & cumbersome. But can be done. All the best.

jairichi

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SKK6467 said:
Hi,

Can anyone share their experience in getting the Transcript from University of Madras for Bsc. staying as NRI.
I dont have my original certificates with me. My friend went there on my behalf for this with letter from me explaining my situation with all the original certificate. They are not accepting any mail/letter, asking me to come in person.

Thanks in advance.
Where are your original certificates? Are they with your friend?

jairichi

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you have not lost the original certificates I can tell you the actual process to get certified transcripts from University of Madras as I got it done recently i.e 30th Dec 2015. If you are lucky you might get it on the same day of applying. I got it on the same day within 30 minutes of applying from them.

SKK6467

Jan 30, 2016
I had given the original certificates with my friend and asked him to collect the Transcript on my behalf. But refused by the university.

jairichi

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SKK6467 said:
I had given the original certificates with my friend and asked him to collect the Transcript on my behalf. But refused by the university.
Did you get a reason for their refusal?

SKK6467

Jan 30, 2016
If you friend is within India he should come in Person. If not, he should get the Notary seal on the certificate from the country of residence and they will take that as original.

jairichi

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SKK6467 said:
If you friend is within India he should come in Person. If not, he should get the Notary seal on the certificate from the country of residence and they will take that as original.
Ok. That was expected. It is given in the instruction pdf file that I had sent you.