+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRANIST THROUGH MONTREAL - VISIT BROTHER - CONTINUE JOURENY TOWARDS NOVA SCOTIA

vishalraj

Aug 20, 2020
My University is in Nova Scotia and class starts in May. So is it okay to Travel on 2nd Week of April to Montreal and stay with my brother and later by 4th Week of April continue my journey to Nova Scotia? Will immigration officer refuses my entry into Montreal? Will the Onward travel ticket be sufficient to prove the immigration officer that I will leave Montreal in the next two weeks? Anyone having similar experience please share your opinion.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
My University is in Nova Scotia and class starts in May. So is it okay to Travel on 2nd Week of April to Montreal and stay with my brother and later by 4th Week of April continue my journey to Nova Scotia? Will immigration officer refuses my entry into Montreal? Will the Onward travel ticket be sufficient to prove the immigration officer that I will leave Montreal in the next two weeks? Anyone having similar experience please share your opinion.
If you have an onward ticket, you should be fine.

In the future, please don't bold or underline parts of your post. Makes it harder to read.

vishalraj

Aug 20, 2020
If you have an onward ticket, you should be fine.

In the future, please don't bold or underline parts of your post. Makes it harder to read.
Yea....Will there be any issue if the onward ticket is after two weeks from the arrival date into Montreal?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yea....Will there be any issue if the onward ticket is after two weeks from the arrival date into Montreal?
No, there won't be. You can simply explain that you are visiting a family member before your classes start (if you are asked).

rajapanesar

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2019
Punjab, India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19/09/2019
I have similar query @scylla . My cousin lives in Mississauga ON, and my university is in NS. May intake. I plan on visiting him and do some shopping for a week before continuing to NS. I will be landing at Toronto. Can I travel without an onward ticket, because my cousin has offered to drive me to my university and live with me for a week to get me settled? I realise it will be a 3 day drive through ON, QC, NB and NS.

Also, will I receive my Student Permit at Toronto or do I have to go to Halifax to get it?

vishalraj

Aug 20, 2020
I have similar query @scylla . My cousin lives in Mississauga ON, and my university is in NS. May intake. I plan on visiting him and do some shopping for a week before continuing to NS. I will be landing at Toronto. Can I travel without an onward ticket, because my cousin has offered to drive me to my university and live with me for a week to get me settled? I realise it will be a 3 day drive through ON, QC, NB and NS.

Also, will I receive my Student Permit at Toronto or do I have to go to Halifax to get it?
Study Permit will be issued at first POE, which means in Toronto. When are you planning to travel?