+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Traffic ticket and citizenship

shilpa09

Aug 1, 2022
My husband recently got a ticket for failing to move over for emergency vehicle (police car). He got a ticket under section 159(3) (Highway Traffic Act). Fine for CAD 495 and 3 demerit points were levied. I have few queries.

1. Can someone be denied citizenship becuase of this
  2. In case we go for a trail and lose it, can that go against us during citizenship (since this matter goes to court)

Thanks in advance

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
My husband recently got a ticket for failing to move over for emergency vehicle (police car). He got a ticket under section 159(3) (Highway Traffic Act). Fine for CAD 495 and 3 demerit points were levied. I have few queries.

2. In case we go for a trail and lose it, can that go against us during citizenship (since this matter goes to court)

Thanks in advance
Nope, it's not a criminal charge. It's just a traffic ticket which doesn't go on your criminal record (only on your driver's abstract of that city).
I suggest you talk to the prosecutor and negotiate before trial date. Usually they give you a lesser charge and fine.

Reactions: iceman55 and A_S

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Thanks in advance
1. No, it is not a criminal offense.
2. No

Jakev

Champion Member
Sep 22, 2017
NOC Code......
0114 and 0125
AOR Received.
14-11-2017

Thanks in advance
Nope and I got my citizenship in late June with a ticket ! Classic example.