Exempted
Passport Req..
17 July 2014
LANDED..........
December 2014
dobena said:
HI Kashim

i am happy to write this letter to you

medical ,RPRF,Passport request on dated may 30,2013 and received on june 7,2013.
Medical done:June 18,2013
Passport and RPRF RECEIPTsent ON JUNE 27,2013
medical received on july 4,2013
Call from the Canada embassy(addis ababa,Ethiopia) to announce the documents(passport with visa issued) on July 11,2013 and appoint me to pick collect the passport from the embassy on July 16,2013.
in process changed to Decision made on ecas on July 12,2013
i collect the passport with issued visa on july 16 ,2013.

thanks all for what you did for me
hope all member have heard the same like me
Hi Dobena

Many congratz for completing the process. So happy for you. Wish you good luck in your future.

kashifm

Dec 4, 2012
Reading, United Kingdom
Category........
Visa Office......
London, United Kingdom
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 June 2012
Doc's Request.
12 June 2012
Nomination.....
26 Oct 2012
AOR Received.
04 Mar 2013
IELTS Request
12 June 2012
Med's Request
20 May 2013
Med's Done....
12 June 2013
Interview........
Exempted
Passport Req..
17 July 2014
LANDED..........
December 2014
Well Wisher said:
Thanks Kashifm and everyone.

fyi: I sent my PP on 4July, delivered on 8th July, return tracker activated on 18July and PP received by me on 19July.

So finally I am all done with PR processing, became Permanent Resident on 20July at Carway (AB). ;D

I will share my landing experience with you all especially for those who are planning to go to Carway.

Carway border is around 2.5-3 hrs (250km) from Calgary, drive south on Deerfoot Highway 2 straight. The last city on the route would be Cardston and you continue driving on the highway 2 towards further south. Carway border is further down from Cardston I think 20-25km and all the way from cardston to carway is desert, not even a single shop nor any sign board (continue driving till it says welcome to US). ::)

At border you will see two small offices one in Canada and another is US. Take your car to the US office drive thru and tell the US officer that you are here to complete your Canadian Immigration landing. And he will take your passport (NOTE: if someone else is also there with you in the car then make sure he/she also takes their passport (with valid Canadian visa) and valid work/study permit, I will explain you why). The US officer then will ask you to park your car and come in the office. I went inside and probably after waiting for 5 minutes he called my name and handover me document saying that US entry is refused for me (also he said that its nothing to do with any future US visa application and if in future you were asked whether you were refused entry into US in the past say NO).

Then I took that document and drive the car to Canadian office drive thru where I told IM the same thing "I am here to complete my Canadian immigration landing". Hand over your passport and he will ask you to park your car and come inside. Inside there was lady officer who already had my PP and asked me for US refusal letter which US officer gave me, my CoPR and my work permit (asked me to write my mailing address on the back of US letter where my PR card will arrive) also asked where am I coming from where do I work, that's it. Then told me to wait in Waiting room for a sometime and after 10-15 minutes called me back. Asked about any criminal checks, any time spent in jail and similar things and then latter asked me to sign my COPR in front of her, and handed over my PP and COpr(signed) back to me saying that this will be your new status in Canada but she took my work permit and cancelled it.

And I am all done with the immigration process. :D She said that PR card will reach my mailing address within 4-8 weeks. I asked her if there is any way to expedite PR card process, as I already took my Itinerary with me, but she said NO. She said I can try calling cic and request them but I dont think they entertains these request for first PR card. Anyways enough time for me as I have plans for Vacation in October and hopefully will receive my PR card by then. 8)

Rememebr if someone is accompanying you for this process (went with you to the border) any your friend make sure he/she carries their PP with valid canadian visa and valid canadian work/study permit. My friend was with me just for giving me company and luckily she had her PP and work permit with her. US officer said even she is not making her Immigration landing but they want to see her PP (only PP no other ID) and said that we already left Canadain border and are in US. :-\. but there were no signs saying this thin line is the border lol. But that is fine they need it to see the personal details nothing else. When returning back to Canadian side IM officer again asked for her PP with valid visa for her, and luckily she had her visa renewed just last week with multiple entries. Again thank God she had everything in place else they would have gave us really hard time to enter her back in Canada. Or there is one more option if your friend doesnt have his/her PP then you can drop them outside the Duty free shop before Canadian border and then you can alone do all your landing formalities. But dont take them across the border if they dont have valid Canadian visa and work/study permit.

Anyways so this was my landing experience and hope it helps someone in need. :D

Best of luck to everyone here and God bless you all.

Cheers.!
WellWisher
Congratz. And thanks for sharing the experience...

osspasha

Star Member
Nov 22, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 15-2012
Nomination.....
December 27-2012
AOR Received.
January 27-2013
IELTS Request
exempted
Med's Request
March 3- 2013
Med's Done....
March 14-2013
Passport Req..
July 6-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 1-2013
LANDED..........
Aug 6- 2013
Well Wisher said:

fyi: I sent my PP on 4July, delivered on 8th July, return tracker activated on 18July and PP received by me on 19July.

So finally I am all done with PR processing, became Permanent Resident on 20July at Carway (AB). ;D

I will share my landing experience with you all especially for those who are planning to go to Carway.

Carway border is around 2.5-3 hrs (250km) from Calgary, drive south on Deerfoot Highway 2 straight. The last city on the route would be Cardston and you continue driving on the highway 2 towards further south. Carway border is further down from Cardston I think 20-25km and all the way from cardston to carway is desert, not even a single shop nor any sign board (continue driving till it says welcome to US). ::)

At border you will see two small offices one in Canada and another is US. Take your car to the US office drive thru and tell the US officer that you are here to complete your Canadian Immigration landing. And he will take your passport (NOTE: if someone else is also there with you in the car then make sure he/she also takes their passport (with valid Canadian visa) and valid work/study permit, I will explain you why). The US officer then will ask you to park your car and come in the office. I went inside and probably after waiting for 5 minutes he called my name and handover me document saying that US entry is refused for me (also he said that its nothing to do with any future US visa application and if in future you were asked whether you were refused entry into US in the past say NO).

Then I took that document and drive the car to Canadian office drive thru where I told IM the same thing "I am here to complete my Canadian immigration landing". Hand over your passport and he will ask you to park your car and come inside. Inside there was lady officer who already had my PP and asked me for US refusal letter which US officer gave me, my CoPR and my work permit (asked me to write my mailing address on the back of US letter where my PR card will arrive) also asked where am I coming from where do I work, that's it. Then told me to wait in Waiting room for a sometime and after 10-15 minutes called me back. Asked about any criminal checks, any time spent in jail and similar things and then latter asked me to sign my COPR in front of her, and handed over my PP and COpr(signed) back to me saying that this will be your new status in Canada but she took my work permit and cancelled it.

And I am all done with the immigration process. :D She said that PR card will reach my mailing address within 4-8 weeks. I asked her if there is any way to expedite PR card process, as I already took my Itinerary with me, but she said NO. She said I can try calling cic and request them but I dont think they entertains these request for first PR card. Anyways enough time for me as I have plans for Vacation in October and hopefully will receive my PR card by then. 8)

Rememebr if someone is accompanying you for this process (went with you to the border) any your friend make sure he/she carries their PP with valid canadian visa and valid canadian work/study permit. My friend was with me just for giving me company and luckily she had her PP and work permit with her. US officer said even she is not making her Immigration landing but they want to see her PP (only PP no other ID) and said that we already left Canadain border and are in US. :-\. but there were no signs saying this thin line is the border lol. But that is fine they need it to see the personal details nothing else. When returning back to Canadian side IM officer again asked for her PP with valid visa for her, and luckily she had her visa renewed just last week with multiple entries. Again thank God she had everything in place else they would have gave us really hard time to enter her back in Canada. Or there is one more option if your friend doesnt have his/her PP then you can drop them outside the Duty free shop before Canadian border and then you can alone do all your landing formalities. But dont take them across the border if they dont have valid Canadian visa and work/study permit.

Cheers.!
WellWisher
Thanks for the detailed information, am still waiting for my passport since july 9, new chapter in ur life, good luck

plussa

May 1, 2013
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2003
Nomination.....
28-12-2012
AOR Received.
25-02-2013
Med's Request
27-02-2013
Med's Done....
30-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-08-2013
congrats, and thanks for the detailed information, VERY USEFUL!!!

Well Wisher said:

Cheers.!
WellWisher

Well Wisher

May 23, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2012
Nomination.....
December 2012
AOR Received.
27-02-2013
File Transfer...
27-02-2013
Med's Request
03-03-2013
Med's Done....
13-03-2013
Passport Req..
03-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-07-2013
LANDED..........
20-07-2013
Thanks everyone for the wishes.

I would be happy to answer any queries if you drop me IM, rather posting it here as I may not be checking this forum so frequently. :-\

Cheers.!

L88

Mar 1, 2013
Well Wisher said:

Then I took that document and drive the car to Canadian office drive thru where I told IO the same thing "I am here to complete my Canadian immigration landing". Hand over your passport and he will ask you to park your car and come inside. Inside there was lady officer who already had my PP and asked me for US refusal letter which US officer gave me, my CoPR and my work permit (asked me to write my mailing address on the back of US letter where my PR card will arrive) also asked where am I coming from where do I work, that's it. Then told me to wait in Waiting room for a sometime and after 10-15 minutes called me back. Asked about any criminal checks, any time spent in jail and similar things and then latter asked me to sign my COPR in front of her, and handed over my PP and COpr(signed) back to me saying that this will be your new status in Canada but she took my work permit and cancelled it.

Cheers.!
WellWisher
Hi WellWisher,

Congrats and thanks for sharing! May I ask what time your return tracker activated on 18July? Was it in the morning or afternoon? LOL, sorry for bother you :p

cecel_v

Star Member
Apr 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
18-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
File Transfer...
25-02-2013
Med's Request
02-04-2013
Med's Done....
02-05-2013
Passport Req..
02-07-2013
hi kashifm, just want to share that I received a message from the courier last July 20, 2013 to pick-up our documents from Canadian Embassy in their provincial office. I picked it up yesterday, July 22, 2013 and received our passports with visa.. Please update my timeline. We booked our flight on September 12. Thanks. :)

Well Wisher

May 23, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2012
Nomination.....
December 2012
AOR Received.
27-02-2013
File Transfer...
27-02-2013
Med's Request
03-03-2013
Med's Done....
13-03-2013
Passport Req..
03-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-07-2013
LANDED..........
20-07-2013
L88 said:
Hi WellWisher,

Congrats and thanks for sharing! May I ask what time your return tracker activated on 18July? Was it in the morning or afternoon? LOL, sorry for bother you :p
It was in evening around 6-7 i guess...and delivered next morning aroung 10 to me in Calgary. I used Canada post - Xpresspost return envelope.

Thanks.

L88

Mar 1, 2013
Well Wisher said:
It was in evening around 6-7 i guess...and delivered next morning aroung 10 to me in Calgary. I used Canada post - Xpresspost return envelope.

Thanks.
Thanks a lot:)

kashifm

Dec 4, 2012
Reading, United Kingdom
Category........
Visa Office......
London, United Kingdom
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 June 2012
Doc's Request.
12 June 2012
Nomination.....
26 Oct 2012
AOR Received.
04 Mar 2013
IELTS Request
12 June 2012
Med's Request
20 May 2013
Med's Done....
12 June 2013
Interview........
Exempted
Passport Req..
17 July 2014
LANDED..........
December 2014
cecel_v said:
hi kashifm, just want to share that I received a message from the courier last July 20, 2013 to pick-up our documents from Canadian Embassy in their provincial office. I picked it up yesterday, July 22, 2013 and received our passports with visa.. Please update my timeline. We booked our flight on September 12. Thanks. :)
Many congratz Cecel. Wish you best of luck....

cecel_v

Star Member
Apr 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
18-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
File Transfer...
25-02-2013
Med's Request
02-04-2013
Med's Done....
02-05-2013
Passport Req..
02-07-2013
kashifm said:
Many congratz Cecel. Wish you best of luck....
thank you kashifm...

prescousher

Dec 17, 2012
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
28-12-2012
AOR Received.
24-02-2013
Med's Request
27-02-2013
Med's Done....
08-03-2013
Thanks for the update, will be landing at carway when I get to that stage ;)

Well Wisher said:

Then I took that document and drive the car to Canadian office drive thru where I told IO the same thing "I am here to complete my Canadian immigration landing". Hand over your passport and he will ask you to park your car and come inside. Inside there was lady officer who already had my PP and asked me for US refusal letter which US officer gave me, my CoPR and my work permit (asked me to write my mailing address on the back of US letter where my PR card will arrive) also asked where am I coming from where do I work, that's it. Then told me to wait in Waiting room for a sometime and after 10-15 minutes called me back. Asked about any criminal checks, any time spent in jail and similar things and then latter asked me to sign my COPR in front of her, and handed over my PP and COpr(signed) back to me saying that this will be your new status in Canada but she took my work permit and cancelled it.

Cheers.!
WellWisher

Well Wisher

May 23, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2012
Nomination.....
December 2012
AOR Received.
27-02-2013
File Transfer...
27-02-2013
Med's Request
03-03-2013
Med's Done....
13-03-2013
Passport Req..
03-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-07-2013
LANDED..........
20-07-2013
Hello everyone,

I have one last query in my PR process. ;)

As I already made my official landing on 20July, Saturday but my ecas status still shows "Decision made". As per my understanding it should show "COMPLETE" with the landing information inside. Can anyone share how much time does it take for this status update.

Thansk in advance.

Well Wisher

May 23, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2012
Nomination.....
December 2012
AOR Received.
27-02-2013
File Transfer...
27-02-2013
Med's Request
03-03-2013
Med's Done....
13-03-2013
Passport Req..
03-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-07-2013
LANDED..........
20-07-2013
prescousher said:
Thanks for the update, will be landing at carway when I get to that stage ;)
best of luck prescoucher, and let me know if you have any concern in this regard. I would be happy to assist my forum members here.

Thanks

osspasha

Star Member
Nov 22, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 15-2012
Nomination.....
December 27-2012
AOR Received.
January 27-2013
IELTS Request
exempted
Med's Request
March 3- 2013
Med's Done....
March 14-2013
Passport Req..
July 6-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 1-2013
LANDED..........
Aug 6- 2013
Well Wisher said:
Hello everyone,

I have one last query in my PR process. ;)

As I already made my official landing on 20July, Saturday but my ecas status still shows "Decision made". As per my understanding it should show "COMPLETE" with the landing information inside. Can anyone share how much time does it take for this status update.

Thansk in advance.
wow u manage to find something to worry about loool, i didint even know that lool.

wen u sent ur pasport did u requested a signuture, becuase i forgot to do so, and know am paranoid about them losing my passport