+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tracking PNP January 2013 applications to CIO Nova Scotia

jaski

Star Member
May 7, 2012
osspasha said:
did u try emailing them, maybe they forgot to send u the request, i would email them asap
I agree with Osspasha
There was case where they forgot to send it out and it is always good to make sure about it.

jaski

Star Member
May 7, 2012
L88 said:
Hi Guys,

just wanna update with you. My return tracking number just got activated. Passport was sent to cic on July 8th.

Good luck to everyone!
Congratulations L88,
Sorry guys i was away for few days for freinds wedding, just came back today and guess what my passport was back on friday. So please update the sheet and good luck everyone who is waiting. I am going today to cross border and complete this process

plussa

May 1, 2013
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2003
Nomination.....
28-12-2012
AOR Received.
25-02-2013
Med's Request
27-02-2013
Med's Done....
30-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-08-2013
wow, congrats jaski, truely happy for you.

jaski said:
Congratulations L88,
Sorry guys i was away for few days for freinds wedding, just came back today and guess what my passport was back on friday. So please update the sheet and good luck everyone who is waiting. I am going today to cross border and complete this process

osspasha

Star Member
Nov 22, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 15-2012
Nomination.....
December 27-2012
AOR Received.
January 27-2013
IELTS Request
exempted
Med's Request
March 3- 2013
Med's Done....
March 14-2013
Passport Req..
July 6-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 1-2013
LANDED..........
Aug 6- 2013
jaski said:
Congratulations L88,
congrats bro, which border crossing r u going through

i emailed them and asked if they received my passport and they said they did and its in queue

one correction they received my passport on july 9 not july 8.

katilda

Apr 17, 2013
Hi guys,
I landed on Saturday (July 27) at the Douglas (Peace Arch) Border Crossing in White Rock, BC (Vancouver area) and I just want to share my landing experience with you.

I received my passport back on Friday afternoon. Here is the short story about it: since I sent a prepaid envelope to CPP-O, I saw when my tracker got activated and started checking it every hour ;D on Friday, at 9:46 am, tracking system showed that it was delivered so I called my BF and asked him to open the envelope. But there was nothing delivered! :eek: and this is when you start panicking that either you gave the wrong address or they lost your passport... Package was delivered at 2:40 PM (which is 5 hours later from the Canada Post website update. 5 hours of panicking :eek: ??? ;D ;D )

Anyways, I got it and didn't want to wait any longer. Even though Peace Arch is a pretty busy crossing, especially on weekends, I went there Saturday night anyways (around 8 pm). My BF and I simply drive there and parked behind duty free (there is a right turn to Beach Rd before the duty free building, parking by the Peace Arch park - simply google it because it's the point of no return :) after that you'll have to stand in the line and cross the border).
My BF is a Canadian so he just joined me in this trip, he didn't do any landing; however, if you are bringing Canadian friends with you - make sure they have passport or drivers license (why? see below).

So we parked and simply walked towards the US Border, passed the box that people drive through, nobody even noticed us and officers in the boxes didn't even try to stop us. Simply, there was nobody around to stop us :) we went inside the building and went to the line "C" - for pedestrians. When officer called, he was really surprised that I was walking, so I explained that I was flagpoling. Easy-peasy! He took my passport, entered everything, filled the papers and crossed my US visa (which expired in January). Then he called my BF and entered his info in the system too. And here is the reason your Canadian friends need a passport - for them it doesn't matter if they are crossing or not crossing, they are in the building and need to show an ID.

Interesting and actually understandable that he didn't give us the papers back inside the building. He asked us to go out and move towards Canada where he met us with the papers and docs, gave those to us and made sure that we were walking back to Canada ;D And we did. Straight towards the Canadian border. Which is not that easy to cross - comparing to US you'll have to go through the box where you will be stopped by the officer.

So he asked us to wait while he finished with one of the cars; took the papers and asked a few general questions like weapons/drugs/alcohol/money/other goods being shipped and brought into Canada. No. We were sent inside the building, line B according to the yellow paper he gave us.

There was a line inside but it was moving really fast and let me tell you, Canadian officers are always so nice. One of them called us, took the papers and asked to sit and wait. Then called me again, I answered NO to the general questions (you can actually see them in your COPR) about being refused to enter Canada, being in prison etc. and signed my COPR and the copy of it and was asked to sit and wait again :) And then he called us last time, handed the papers, docs and a small Canadian flag with "Congratulations". That's it.

Well, since I'm getting married in 3 weeks, he explained what should I do about my PR and other papers after the wedding and name change.
That is it. We went towards the car and returned home to celebrate ;)

The whole thing took me a little bit less that an hour...50 mins or so, from the point I entered the US border building to the point I left the Canadian border building. In total, from applying for BC PNP nomination to the landing day (which means the process is completed) - it took 9.5 months.

For landing I took my passport (with all the work and study permits which have been removed by Canadian officer later), letter of nomination from BC PNP and COPRs (the ones that CPP-O sent to me). No payments neither in US nor in Canada.
I did flagpoling because I knew that sometimes Canadian border asks for the paper from the States (with the refusal to enter). Some people simply go around the arch and come back to Canada without actually going to the States, but I was honest at that point. My visa expired so I just did the whole thing.

I guess this is it... easy and pretty fast 8)

Cheers,
Kate.

kashifm

Dec 4, 2012
Reading, United Kingdom
Category........
Visa Office......
London, United Kingdom
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 June 2012
Doc's Request.
12 June 2012
Nomination.....
26 Oct 2012
AOR Received.
04 Mar 2013
IELTS Request
12 June 2012
Med's Request
20 May 2013
Med's Done....
12 June 2013
Interview........
Exempted
Passport Req..
17 July 2014
LANDED..........
December 2014
jaski said:
Congratulations L88,
Congratz Jaski. Sheet updated.

kashifm

Dec 4, 2012
Reading, United Kingdom
Category........
Visa Office......
London, United Kingdom
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 June 2012
Doc's Request.
12 June 2012
Nomination.....
26 Oct 2012
AOR Received.
04 Mar 2013
IELTS Request
12 June 2012
Med's Request
20 May 2013
Med's Done....
12 June 2013
Interview........
Exempted
Passport Req..
17 July 2014
LANDED..........
December 2014
katilda said:
Hi guys,
I landed on Saturday (July 27) at the Douglas (Peace Arch) Border Crossing in White Rock, BC (Vancouver area) and I just want to share my landing experience with you.

I received my passport back on Friday afternoon. Here is the short story about it: since I sent a prepaid envelope to CPP-O, I saw when my tracker got activated and started checking it every hour ;D on Friday, at 9:46 am, tracking system showed that it was delivered so I called my BF and asked him to open the envelope. But there was nothing delivered! :eek: and this is when you start panicking that either you gave the wrong address or they lost your passport... Package was delivered at 2:40 PM (which is 5 hours later from the Canada Post website update. 5 hours of panicking :eek: ??? ;D ;D )

Anyways, I got it and didn't want to wait any longer. Even though Peace Arch is a pretty busy crossing, especially on weekends, I went there Saturday night anyways (around 8 pm). My BF and I simply drive there and parked behind duty free (there is a right turn to Beach Rd before the duty free building, parking by the Peace Arch park - simply google it because it's the point of no return :) after that you'll have to stand in the line and cross the border).
My BF is a Canadian so he just joined me in this trip, he didn't do any landing; however, if you are bringing Canadian friends with you - make sure they have passport or drivers license (why? see below).

So we parked and simply walked towards the US Border, passed the box that people drive through, nobody even noticed us and officers in the boxes didn't even try to stop us. Simply, there was nobody around to stop us :) we went inside the building and went to the line "C" - for pedestrians. When officer called, he was really surprised that I was walking, so I explained that I was flagpoling. Easy-peasy! He took my passport, entered everything, filled the papers and crossed my US visa (which expired in January). Then he called my BF and entered his info in the system too. And here is the reason your Canadian friends need a passport - for them it doesn't matter if they are crossing or not crossing, they are in the building and need to show an ID.

Interesting and actually understandable that he didn't give us the papers back inside the building. He asked us to go out and move towards Canada where he met us with the papers and docs, gave those to us and made sure that we were walking back to Canada ;D And we did. Straight towards the Canadian border. Which is not that easy to cross - comparing to US you'll have to go through the box where you will be stopped by the officer.

So he asked us to wait while he finished with one of the cars; took the papers and asked a few general questions like weapons/drugs/alcohol/money/other goods being shipped and brought into Canada. No. We were sent inside the building, line B according to the yellow paper he gave us.

There was a line inside but it was moving really fast and let me tell you, Canadian officers are always so nice. One of them called us, took the papers and asked to sit and wait. Then called me again, I answered NO to the general questions (you can actually see them in your COPR) about being refused to enter Canada, being in prison etc. and signed my COPR and the copy of it and was asked to sit and wait again :) And then he called us last time, handed the papers, docs and a small Canadian flag with "Congratulations". That's it.

Well, since I'm getting married in 3 weeks, he explained what should I do about my PR and other papers after the wedding and name change.
That is it. We went towards the car and returned home to celebrate ;)

The whole thing took me a little bit less that an hour...50 mins or so, from the point I entered the US border building to the point I left the Canadian border building. In total, from applying for BC PNP nomination to the landing day (which means the process is completed) - it took 9.5 months.

For landing I took my passport (with all the work and study permits which have been removed by Canadian officer later), letter of nomination from BC PNP and COPRs (the ones that CPP-O sent to me). No payments neither in US nor in Canada.
I did flagpoling because I knew that sometimes Canadian border asks for the paper from the States (with the refusal to enter). Some people simply go around the arch and come back to Canada without actually going to the States, but I was honest at that point. My visa expired so I just did the whole thing.

I guess this is it... easy and pretty fast 8)

Cheers,
Kate.
Interesting. Thanks for sharing your experience.

AARJAY

Star Member
Aug 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-01-2013
AOR Received.
12-02-2013
Med's Request
18-02-2013
Med's Done....
23-02-2013
Passport Req..
27-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2013
LANDED..........
already in canada
jaski said:
Congratulations L88,
CONGRATS JASKI...HAPPY FOR YOU BROTHA...HAVE A HAPPY LIFE AHEAD. :)

DK84

Aug 29, 2012
Regina
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-2013 CIO
Doc's Request.
09-05-2013
Nomination.....
06-12-2012
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
12-02-2013
Med's Request
16-02-2013
Med's Done....
24-02-2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
27-08-2013/ Decesion Made: August 31, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-09-2013
LANDED..........
15-09-2013
jaski said:
Congratulations L88,
Congrates Jaski....Enjoy ur success..God bless you...

jaski

Star Member
May 7, 2012
AARJAY said:
CONGRATS JASKI...HAPPY FOR YOU BROTHA...HAVE A HAPPY LIFE AHEAD. :)
Thanks you guys, I appreciate your love and support during this process. Hope you all get this done asap. I went landing yesterday to lethbridge border and it was pretty simple, officer took my passport and corp and told me to wait. He also took my uncles passport because he went with me. After entering all the info in system he told me to sign the corp and attached one to my passport. It was prettty simple and he took my all work permits and study permit. Guys make sure to take everything with you just in case they need something. He just stamped my passport and told me that I am PR now and explained me to get new SIN and health card etc.
I wish everyone all the best for rest of their process and just keep faith you guys will be done very soon.

plussa

May 1, 2013
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2003
Nomination.....
28-12-2012
AOR Received.
25-02-2013
Med's Request
27-02-2013
Med's Done....
30-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-08-2013
congrats, thanks for sharing the landing experience with us.

jaski said:
Thanks you guys, I appreciate your love and support during this process. Hope you all get this done asap. I went landing yesterday to lethbridge border and it was pretty simple, officer took my passport and corp and told me to wait. He also took my uncles passport because he went with me. After entering all the info in system he told me to sign the corp and attached one to my passport. It was prettty simple and he took my all work permits and study permit. Guys make sure to take everything with you just in case they need something. He just stamped my passport and told me that I am PR now and explained me to get new SIN and health card etc.
I wish everyone all the best for rest of their process and just keep faith you guys will be done very soon.

osspasha

Star Member
Nov 22, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 15-2012
Nomination.....
December 27-2012
AOR Received.
January 27-2013
IELTS Request
exempted
Med's Request
March 3- 2013
Med's Done....
March 14-2013
Passport Req..
July 6-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 1-2013
LANDED..........
Aug 6- 2013
jaski said:
congrats bro :)

osspasha

Star Member
Nov 22, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 15-2012
Nomination.....
December 27-2012
AOR Received.
January 27-2013
IELTS Request
exempted
Med's Request
March 3- 2013
Med's Done....
March 14-2013
Passport Req..
July 6-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 1-2013
LANDED..........
Aug 6- 2013
racker activated
VO received my passport on july 9
they shipped it out on july 30th at 18:23 pm

finally 3 weeks exactly :D

i hope everyone good luck, i will share my landing experience once i receive my passport and headout

AARJAY

Star Member
Aug 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-01-2013
AOR Received.
12-02-2013
Med's Request
18-02-2013
Med's Done....
23-02-2013
Passport Req..
27-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2013
LANDED..........
already in canada
osspasha said:
racker activated
VO received my passport on july 9
they shipped it out on july 30th at 18:23 pm

finally 3 weeks exactly :D

i hope everyone good luck, i will share my landing experience once i receive my passport and headout
Waooh Osspasha..Congrats a lot...keep us updated. :)

jaski

Star Member
May 7, 2012
AARJAY said:
Waooh Osspasha..Congrats a lot...keep us updated. :)
Congrates osspasha, all the best to yiur new life.
Cheers its all done.
;D
Hope everyone gets this enjoyable moment.