+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tracking PNP December 2012 applications to CIO Nova Scotia

LanceF

Sep 25, 2013
My application has been in process since April 25th. I've heard nothing since the RPRF request in early May. Is there anything I can do? I've tried to contact CIC, but I was told no action is needed from me. Has anyone experienced the same thing? I thought since the strike is over, things would go faster. :(

ravi1981

Star Member
Apr 22, 2013
LanceF said:
My application has been in process since April 25th. I've heard nothing since the RPRF request in early May. Is there anything I can do? I've tried to contact CIC, but I was told no action is needed from me. Has anyone experienced the same thing? I thought since the strike is over, things would go faster. :(
Hello LanceF

Apply for GCMS notes as my file went in process on April 23 and got my ppr and decision made on Oct 2nd.

Thanks
Ravi

Wednesday

Apr 19, 2012
LanceF said:

Hi lanceF,

Are you an inside/outside canada applicant?.. My file went in process around ma and nothing I've heard since..

Hi Ravi,

Did you apply gcms notes?..

LanceF

Sep 25, 2013
ravi1981 said:
Hello LanceF

Apply for GCMS notes as my file went in process on April 23 and got my ppr and decision made on Oct 2nd.

Thanks
Ravi
Thanks Ravi. I've requested GCMS note twice now, one I received in July, one in September. I don't see any update since July. All the checks have passed except security. I think they actually hide the details regarding security check though, because I can see the number "2" being cut off in the validity date field with no status. It's really bizarre. I sent an email CPP-O once last month to ask about the status, they said there's no action needed from my end. I need to contact them again to see what's going on.

Wednesday said:
Hi lanceF,

Are you an inside/outside canada applicant?.. My file went in process around ma and nothing I've heard since..

Hi Ravi,

Did you apply gcms notes?..
Hi Wednesday. I am an inside Canada applicant. I sent my file to CIO, and it's since been transferred to CPP-O for further processing now.

Divine_favour

Sep 29, 2013
[I am in the same situation as you. My application went In Process since June 11, and I haven't heard anything from them since then. My GCMS not shows that I have passed Eligibility, Medicals and Criminality. My Security status is blank, I can see it was updated by the same visa officer that updated both my Eligibility and Criminality, but the status and validity date was not shown. I am so frustrated because it has been more than 4months since my file went In process and still nothing......Hmmmm ]

Snopro

Jun 2, 2013
Ecas update - 'Decision Made' on Oct 11th 2013

I haven't had my PPR yet though, did anyone else have the ecas update 'decision made' before they had their PPR?

dashee

Nov 19, 2012
Snopro said:
Ecas update - 'Decision Made' on Oct 11th 2013

I haven't had my PPR yet though, did anyone else have the ecas update 'decision made' before they had their PPR?
Are you from a visa exempt country? In that case I think they send the copr letter in the mail without a ppr. I'm still waiting though, even though my status changed at the end of September.

Snopro

Jun 2, 2013
Thanks for the info @dashee!

Im a British Citizen but applied from within Canada. Can anyone confirm that England is a visa exempt country?
Im in no rush for it, I know how slow these things are but Im curious about what I should expect.

dashee

Nov 19, 2012
Snopro said:
Thanks for the info @ dashee!

Im a British Citizen but applied from within Canada. Can anyone confirm that England is a visa exempt country?
Im in no rush for it, I know how slow these things are but Im curious about what I should expect.
I think you don't need a visa then:
According to the CIC website, you do not need a visa to visit or transit in Canada if you are a British citizen or a British overseas citizen who is re-admissible to the United Kingdom.

Snopro

Jun 2, 2013
dashee said:
I think you don't need a visa then:
According to the CIC website, you do not need a visa to visit or transit in Canada if you are a British citizen or a British overseas citizen who is re-admissible to the United Kingdom.
Thats the only thing I could find too so I dont think I'll get a PPR unless anyone else has been in the same situation. Sounds like I'll just get a COPR by mail.

ravi1981

Star Member
Apr 22, 2013
LanceF said:
Thanks Ravi. I've requested GCMS note twice now, one I received in July, one in September. I don't see any update since July. All the checks have passed except security. I think they actually hide the details regarding security check though, because I can see the number "2" being cut off in the validity date field with no status. It's really bizarre. I sent an email CPP-O once last month to ask about the status, they said there's no action needed from my end. I need to contact them again to see what's going on.

Hi Wednesday. I am an inside Canada applicant. I sent my file to CIO, and it's since been transferred to CPP-O for further processing now.

Hello LanceF

I believe that Security check is something that takes a lot of time compared other things. But I believe that if your security has started then you are also very close to get PPR.

Thanks
Ravi

LanceF

Sep 25, 2013
ravi1981 said:
Hello LanceF

I believe that Security check is something that takes a lot of time compared other things. But I believe that if your security has started then you are also very close to get PPR.

Thanks
Ravi
Thanks a lot. I just sent an email to CPP-O, let's wait and see what they say. I am really getting inpatient. :(

klitz24

Star Member
Nov 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 17, 2012
AOR Received.
Jan. 31, 2013
Med's Request
Feb. 05, 2013
Med's Done....
Feb. 15, 2013
Interview........
ECAS In Process Sept. 12, 2013
Passport Req..
Oct. 9, 2013/ RPRF Request June 18, 2013 (PAID SAME DATE)
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 26, 2013
LANDED..........
Already IN CANADA
Passport received at CPP-O Oct. 21, 2013 and hoping for a fast return. :))

Goodluck everyone !!!

blessedniki

Star Member
Jan 17, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
B
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2012
Doc's Request.
03-03-2012
Nomination.....
20-07-2012
AOR Received.
10-12-2012
IELTS Request
not required
File Transfer...
25-01-2013
Med's Request
06-02-2013
Med's Done....
22-02-2013 Ecas: med results received 01-04-2013, In Process April 30, 2013.
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
22-08-2013, Decision made: 10-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2013
LANDED..........
17-10-2013
Ecas now showing:

Permanent Residence

We received your application for permanent residence on December 10, 2012.

We started processing your application on April 30, 2013.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

You entered Canada at the Emerson office on October 17, 2013 and became a Permanent Resident.

Over 10 months in waiting, now expecting my PR card within 6-8 weeks from date of entry.