+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tracking PNP April 2012 application to CIO (Nova Scotia)

coshx

May 8, 2013
Hi All,

I just received my PR card now. It is 83 days today after landing. PR card was mailed out 76 days after landing.

For others still waiting, I'll advise you give 2 weeks after your PR processing time.

coshx!

chie042012

Oct 27, 2012
Visa Office......
Ottawa
rickross said:
I have the same status on ECAS "application received" yet CIC says my application is in process...so waiting...
Hi there,

We are on the same boat. Mine in ECAS is Application and Medical Results have been received but still APPLICATION RECEIVED. Every time I email CPP-O they said that my file is in process.

Alireza_Q

Apr 6, 2012
Hi All
Those received PPR and already mailed their passport to Ottawa: Did you get you Passport back? if so How long did it take since they have received your passport?

Thanks for update on this!

blindsniper

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2012
Nomination.....
14-03-2012
AOR Received.
17-05-2012
Med's Request
17-05-2012
Med's Done....
25-05-2012
Interview........
In Process- May 15, 2013
Passport Req..
17-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Very Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
Just got PPR !! :D

So Thankful to everyone for their support on the forum , specially Edmontonbound :)

blindsniper

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2012
Nomination.....
14-03-2012
AOR Received.
17-05-2012
Med's Request
17-05-2012
Med's Done....
25-05-2012
Interview........
In Process- May 15, 2013
Passport Req..
17-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Very Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
chie042012 said:
congratulations! you got it just now?
thank you !
Yeh around 9.30 cst.

Edmontonbound

Mar 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 10, 2012
Nomination.....
Dec 07, 2011
AOR Received.
May 23, 2012
Med's Request
May 23 2012
Med's Done....
May 29, 2012 In Process.......:May 31, 2013
Passport Req..
Sep 04, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 03, 2013 PP Received w/ visa Oct 04, 2013
LANDED..........
Oct 18, 2013
blindsniper said:

So Thankful to everyone for their support on the forum , specially Edmontonbound :)
Congrats bro....You are very welcome. :)

Bahia

Star Member
Apr 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept.23,2014
Nomination.....
Sponsorship approval in end of nov. 2014
AOR Received.
Sept 23,2014
File Transfer...
To NDVO end of nov. 2014
Med's Done....
Before applying, got request for re-medical again on aug20-25, 2015
Interview........
in process last week of July, 2015
blindsniper said:

Congratulations

melbury

Sep 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2012
Doc's Request.
RPRF April 2013
AOR Received.
22-05-2012
File Transfer...
App in process 26 sep 2013
Med's Request
22-05-2012 and April 2013
Med's Done....
June 2012 and April 2013
Interview........
Ecas decision made 2 October 2013
Passport Req..
COPR 11 October 2013
LANDED..........
14 October 2013
chie042012 said:
Hi there,

We are on the same boat. Mine in ECAS is Application and Medical Results have been received but still APPLICATION RECEIVED. Every time I email CPP-O they said that my file is in process.
Still app received for me...So frustating!!!

pommyg

Aug 27, 2012
BC, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo transferred Ottawa 18-6-2012
NOC Code......
Current Status = Decision Made 19 Sep 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-04-2012
Doc's Request.
BC PNP
AOR Received.
18-06-2012
Med's Request
18-06-2012
Med's Done....
23-06-2012 ECAS updated 30-7-2012
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
n/a
LANDED..........
30-10-203
I was fed up so I emailed my MP. I got a response as follows: You have been approved, but it takes 4 weeks for CIC to print and send the visa.

Apparently, I will hear within 4 weeks. I will believe this when I see it! I am a little optimistic for the first time in a long time about this. Do you guys think I should be optimistic or not??

believing

Feb 22, 2012
South Africa
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria, South Africa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
at CIO 11 April 2012
Nomination.....
March 2012
AOR Received.
AOR-CIO: 9th May 2012
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
Dont know but ECAS Changed to IN-PROCESS 24/5/2012
Med's Request
12/6/2012
Med's Done....
19/6/2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
19th July 2012
VISA ISSUED...
1-August-2012
Hi all,

I hope you are all doing well. After a long time I decided to log on as we celebrate our 1 year anniversary of landing in Canada today. So far below are my experiences:

Is Canada all we expected as a family? Yes
Are we happy? Yes
Is there room for improvement? Oh yes.

I am one of those fortunate immigrant to land in Canada with a job offer in my hands. We arrived on the 19th September 2012 after a very tiring flight from South Africa. We took Emirates, from Capetown to Dubai, Dubai to Toronto and from Toronto to Winnipeg. By the time we were on our connecting flight to Winnipeg we were so tired that kids could not even eat. My wife literarily passed out because she was tired. The following day we got up to get our SIN card, health card, open account etc. Managed to get kids into school with the help of our friend. One thing I must commend here is the public transportation here in Winnipeg. Even without a car you can still move around very well though might not be convenient sometimes but still better than nothing.

Resumed my new job four days after landing and met with the new team. I will spend sometime to explain about the working culture in Canada. I'm sure you have heard people talking about Canadian experience....but I guess the right word should have been Canadian working culture. Boy oh boy....if you are not from Europe or North America this can actually be a challenge. Firstly, your accent might be a problem. Don't get me wrong I speak very good English (So I thought) but it is very frustrating to keep repeating yourself when in a meeting and sometimes people will not tell you to your face but then they begin to form opinion especially (especially) if the people up high in the company like you and the work you do. It is almost impossible not to shine especially when you take a job a little lower than where you used to be.

For example I took a job like one step below my position back home (Although after converting from dollar to Rand) earning a little more than home without considering cost of living. Cost of living was lower back home than here. Basically I stopped converting after a month to avoid depression because what you earn is what you spend. Don't bother what they are saying just keeping working hard and be focus. In Canada privacy is a big issue so know how to use the information you are privy to have access to. When possible get a job that is unionized because you are somehow protected against unfairly dismissal. Remember I said if possible as immigrant you don't have much choice when you just landed. But there is no harm asking them ask the interview. The reason why I said this because you don't need any kind of instability in your life as a new immigrant.

Anyway I met not too friendly people in my first job but as God will have it got a higher position within the same organization few months after I started and by now have about 10 people reporting to me. Even with MBA I went for few other certifications in IT again in order to be marketable. I was lucky that I was sponsored by my company to attend the training and also attended a conference in the USA (I am in IT).

Depending on your situation try and rent a condo rather than a house. We rented a house from agency and were paying too much and the agency were not helping matters as well. When ever we complained about repairs they usually wont fix it so after 7 months we bought our own house.

What I will have done differently:

Rented a condo rather than a house.
Not shipping any of our old belongings at all other than come with our bags of clothes.
Will have asked my wife to look into going to school rather than seeking employment in administration which is where her strength is, to make her more marketable.
Don't rely only on what people are saying but find information yourself.

Come with an open mind and keep believing. Don't despair live one day at a time. More importantly if you are married get to discuss with your partner more often. I wish you all the best.

Alireza_Q

Apr 6, 2012
Any comment or replay on my last post:

Hi All
Those received PPR and already mailed their passport to Ottawa: Did you get you Passport back? if so How long did it take since they have received your passport?

Thanks for update on this!

blindsniper

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2012
Nomination.....
14-03-2012
AOR Received.
17-05-2012
Med's Request
17-05-2012
Med's Done....
25-05-2012
Interview........
In Process- May 15, 2013
Passport Req..
17-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Very Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
Bahia said:
Congratulations

pommyg

Aug 27, 2012
BC, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo transferred Ottawa 18-6-2012
NOC Code......
Current Status = Decision Made 19 Sep 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-04-2012
Doc's Request.
BC PNP
AOR Received.
18-06-2012
Med's Request
18-06-2012
Med's Done....
23-06-2012 ECAS updated 30-7-2012
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
n/a
LANDED..........
30-10-203
pommyg said:
I was fed up so I emailed my MP. I got a response as follows: You have been approved, but it takes 4 weeks for CIC to print and send the visa.

Apparently, I will hear within 4 weeks. I will believe this when I see it! I am a little optimistic for the first time in a long time about this. Do you guys think I should be optimistic or not??
My mouth is open.... ecas states "decision made"...

absolute_zer0o

Star Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
Ottawa CPP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
23 -03 -2012
Doc's Request.
05- 2012
Nomination.....
02 - 2012
AOR Received.
05 - 2012
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
05 - 2012
Med's Done....
05 - 2012
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
visa exempted
VISA ISSUED...
visa exempted
LANDED..........
31-08-2013
believing said:
Hi all,

I hope you are all doing well. After a long time I decided to log on as we celebrate our 1 year anniversary of landing in Canada today. So far below are my experiences:

Is Canada all we expected as a family? Yes
Are we happy? Yes
Is there room for improvement? Oh yes.

I am one of those fortunate immigrant to land in Canada with a job offer in my hands. We arrived on the 19th September 2012 after a very tiring flight from South Africa. We took Emirates, from Capetown to Dubai, Dubai to Toronto and from Toronto to Winnipeg. By the time we were on our connecting flight to Winnipeg we were so tired that kids could not even eat. My wife literarily passed out because she was tired. The following day we got up to get our SIN card, health card, open account etc. Managed to get kids into school with the help of our friend. One thing I must commend here is the public transportation here in Winnipeg. Even without a car you can still move around very well though might not be convenient sometimes but still better than nothing.

Resumed my new job four days after landing and met with the new team. I will spend sometime to explain about the working culture in Canada. I'm sure you have heard people talking about Canadian experience....but I guess the right word should have been Canadian working culture. Boy oh boy....if you are not from Europe or North America this can actually be a challenge. Firstly, your accent might be a problem. Don't get me wrong I speak very good English (So I thought) but it is very frustrating to keep repeating yourself when in a meeting and sometimes people will not tell you to your face but then they begin to form opinion especially (especially) if the people up high in the company like you and the work you do. It is almost impossible not to shine especially when you take a job a little lower than where you used to be.

For example I took a job like one step below my position back home (Although after converting from dollar to Rand) earning a little more than home without considering cost of living. Cost of living was lower back home than here. Basically I stopped converting after a month to avoid depression because what you earn is what you spend. Don't bother what they are saying just keeping working hard and be focus. In Canada privacy is a big issue so know how to use the information you are privy to have access to. When possible get a job that is unionized because you are somehow protected against unfairly dismissal. Remember I said if possible as immigrant you don't have much choice when you just landed. But there is no harm asking them ask the interview. The reason why I said this because you don't need any kind of instability in your life as a new immigrant.

Anyway I met not too friendly people in my first job but as God will have it got a higher position within the same organization few months after I started and by now have about 10 people reporting to me. Even with MBA I went for few other certifications in IT again in order to be marketable. I was lucky that I was sponsored by my company to attend the training and also attended a conference in the USA (I am in IT).

Depending on your situation try and rent a condo rather than a house. We rented a house from agency and were paying too much and the agency were not helping matters as well. When ever we complained about repairs they usually wont fix it so after 7 months we bought our own house.

What I will have done differently:

Rented a condo rather than a house.
Not shipping any of our old belongings at all other than come with our bags of clothes.
Will have asked my wife to look into going to school rather than seeking employment in administration which is where her strength is, to make her more marketable.
Don't rely only on what people are saying but find information yourself.

Come with an open mind and keep believing. Don't despair live one day at a time. More importantly if you are married get to discuss with your partner more often. I wish you all the best.
I feel you bro. even I am inland applicant and applied for PNP after finishing college here. I found it particularly hard to find a job in vancouver.
I am currently working at a position that I do not wished to pursuit in the future. I was here because of the PNP sponsorship.
I have started job hunting for a month, but I can hardly get any replies. Where I did the same thing in last summer with less working experience in my home country, I still get better jobs interviews compare to here in Vancouver.
I am devastated but knowing I need to hold on for another 2 years before i will be eligible for citizenship.
But we will get through this. :)