+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tracker Updates after April 12?

nourmandy2

May 11, 2019
I also received a test invitation email after April 12, but emails are not important, the question is did the tracker update after April 12 for anyone or did the IRCC break it after the SSL screwup?
What do you mean email is not important ? the email has the link for the test , you are not supposed to open the tracker every day to see it is updated or not .

wksj

Oct 7, 2021
What do you mean email is not important ? the email has the link for the test , you are not supposed to open the tracker every day to see it is updated or not .
Emails are not important for the purposes of my question and this thread because we are talking about the broken tracker updates, otherwise sure emails are the most important thing during the application process.

BeerBeem

Feb 1, 2022
Reactions: Jakev

BeerBeem

Feb 1, 2022
Sent feedback - complaint about Citizenship Application Tracker not working as expected.
Mentioned that there has been no update in the tracker since the SSL certificate issue of 12th April.
+ Applicants with new AOR aren't able to register on the tool
+ Applicants with test invite email without an update in the tracker
+ Applicants after attempting test without an update on the test completion status

im2kool

Star Member
Dec 29, 2020
Sent feedback - complaint about Citizenship Application Tracker not working as expected.
Mentioned that there has been no update in the tracker since the SSL certificate issue of 12th April.
+ Applicants with new AOR aren't able to register on the tool
+ Applicants with test invite email without an update in the tracker
+ Applicants after attempting test without an update on the test completion status
Before it was only citizenship certificate issue now another certificate issue! Feeling bad for IRCC

wksj

Oct 7, 2021
I have a wild guess as to how this shit happened. The tracker used to update at 6 AM ET on weekdays. It is likely automated to update its database by receiving information from another server at this time. When their certificate expired and they renewed it, they probably forgot to update the authentication key the servers use to make a secure connection with each other. Then the servers would have started rejecting the connection to make the daily updates because the key is wrong.

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
I have a wild guess as to how this shit happened. The tracker used to update at 6 AM ET on weekdays. It is likely automated to update its database by receiving information from another server at this time. When their certificate expired and they renewed it, they probably forgot to update the authentication key the servers use to make a secure connection with each other. Then the servers would have started rejecting the connection to make the daily updates because the key is wrong.
Lousy workers...They must hate serving people..

BeerBeem

Feb 1, 2022
Does anyone think that if multiple people send this complaint
Seems there aren't any monitoring on these daily runs and errors.

msamajdar

Aug 17, 2017
I gave my test on April 10th. On April 11th or 12th there was a certificate issue! So me and a lot of others like me haven’t had their statuses updated on the tracker since April 10th! We passed, but just have to no update! I’m wondering if I should call IRCC or send them an email/web form!

msamajdar

Aug 17, 2017
Seriously! They should hire better quality IT folks who do regression after an update

Last edited: