+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tracker Update - Test

mattjp1

Jul 23, 2017
Hi all,

I might understand this wrong, but I was under the impression that we receive the invite to do the test once everything has cleared (presence, language, background and prohibitions).

My tracker was updated and shows the dates I must take the test, but only my background shows "completed", the rest in "in progress".

Was it the same for others?

Thanks

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Hi all,

I might understand this wrong, but I was under the impression that we receive the invite to do the test once everything has cleared (presence, language, background and prohibitions).

My tracker was updated and shows the dates I must take the test, but only my background shows "completed", the rest in "in progress".

Was it the same for others?

Thanks
Yes. It normally goes: BG -> test -> the rest except oath -> oath.

mattjp1

Jul 23, 2017
Yes. It normally goes: BG -> test -> the rest except oath -> oath.
Thanks for your response. Not sure I understand the logic of why we are invited for a test before they check everything. Is it fair to say that if we are asked to take the test, language/presence/prohibitions may show "completed" status not long after?

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Thanks for your response. Not sure I understand the logic of why we are invited for a test before they check everything. Is it fair to say that if we are asked to take the test, language/presence/prohibitions may show "completed" status not long after?
For me it took 4 months. But I am with the unlucky batch of 2019 applicants that are affected the most by the covid-19 excuse used by IRCC. So, you may get it sooner if you applied recently.

mattjp1

Jul 23, 2017
For me it took 4 months. But I am with the unlucky batch of 2019 applicants that are affected the most by the covid-19 excuse used by IRCC. So, you may get it sooner if you applied recently.
I can imagine you had a tough journey yes. Did you attend the oath yet?

Grassquit

Star Member
Jan 23, 2021
I took the test before even background was showing complete. 2 months later still nothing except test is complete. Can I assume that means no real issues? Who knows! I've stopped looking for logic in the process and just go with the flow

Reactions: mattjp1

mattjp1

Jul 23, 2017
I took the test before even background was showing complete. 2 months later still nothing except test is complete. Can I assume that means no real issues? Who knows! I've stopped looking for logic in the process and just go with the flow
That's a great philosophy!