+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

Baahubali

May 18, 2017
My timeline is:
Landing -Jan 7th,
Photo request- Feb 21st
Photos Received -Feb 26th

I raised a CSE last Friday to see if my photos had been received, and today I got a mail saying:

"
We can provide you with the following details about the status of your application to renew your permanent resident card (PR card):
  • your card has already been approved and,
  • your card was sent for production "
However on my CIC account the documents status is still "We do not need additional documents" and the application is still in progress., is this normal? will this change once the card is mailed?
Why don't you directly call them? That would clear out the confusion.

meanjoe

Star Member
Apr 15, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-02-2016
Doc's Request.
12-09-2016
Nomination.....
26-11-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2016
Med's Request
01-02-2017
Med's Done....
03-02-2017
My timeline is:
Landing -Jan 7th,
Photo request- Feb 21st
Photos Received -Feb 26th

I raised a CSE last Friday to see if my photos had been received, and today I got a mail saying:

"
We can provide you with the following details about the status of your application to renew your permanent resident card (PR card):
  • your card has already been approved and,
  • your card was sent for production "
However on my CIC account the documents status is still "We do not need additional documents" and the application is still in progress., is this normal? will this change once the card is mailed?
From the experience, myCIC will show your application "approved" when they mail it.

Coco7

Star Member
Oct 9, 2015
Why don't you directly call them? That would clear out the confusion.
I called them a few hours ago, at first I only mentioned that I wanted to verify the status of my PR card application, the agent asked me the date of my landing (Jan 7th) and if I had been asked for more documents , I told him that I sent a new set of photographs on Feb 21st (that were received on Feb 26th) and he told me right away that they were still working on pics that were received on Feb 16 (they have been saying that for 2 weeks now),I then proceed to explain that I had raised a CSE to verify that my pics were received and that I got an email this morning stating that my card had been approved and sent to production, the agent sound surprised by this info and agreed to check my application to see if this was true, he checked it, and then told me that my photographs were approved yesterday and that my card was being produced now.

Baahubali

May 18, 2017
I called them a few hours ago, at first I only mentioned that I wanted to verify the status of my PR card application, the agent asked me the date of my landing (Jan 7th) and if I had been asked for more documents , I told him that I sent a new set of photographs on Feb 21st (that were received on Feb 26th) and he told me right away that they were still working on pics that were received on Feb 16 (they have been saying that for 2 weeks now),I then proceed to explain that I had raised a CSE to verify that my pics were received and that I got an email this morning stating that my card had been approved and sent to production, the agent sound surprised by this info and agreed to check my application to see if this was true, he checked it, and then told me that my photographs were approved yesterday and that my card was being produced now.
Sounds like CIC account manager and web form manager are not in sync with eachother. The call center reps just read the cic account status. But they might have access even to other databases e.g. web form. Good that you called.

Tkhurmi

Star Member
Feb 18, 2016
App. Filed.......
05-12-2016
Doc's Request.
standard email- RPRF,PCC,etc.
AOR Received.
11-02-2017
Med's Request
upfront on july 08,2017
Med's Done....
medical passed on august 21,2017
Interview........
!!!!
Passport Req..
waiting..
VISA ISSUED...
waiting..
LANDED..........
waiting..
hi guyz, i have a question , will really appreciate that if someone can get time to answer it,
i have landed at border on 7th march, and officer told me i will get my P.R card at home with in 2 months.
so if i get it in two months i am assuming it will have my picture on it too right?
so why are people talking about sent pictures , or received pictures ?
i mean are they sending pictures is because of they linked their applications to cic accounts or something?

Shayna22

Sep 22, 2017
Visa Office......
CPC ottawa
AOR Received.
October 11,2017
Passport Req..
January 11,2018
LANDED..........
16-2-2018
hi guyz, i have a question , will really appreciate that if someone can get time to answer it,
i have landed at border on 7th march, and officer told me i will get my P.R card at home with in 2 months.
so if i get it in two months i am assuming it will have my picture on it too right?
so why are people talking about sent pictures , or received pictures ?
i mean are they sending pictures is because of they linked their applications to cic accounts or something?
Some people are asked to resubmit photos because it does not fit the specification that CIC require. Those applicants are usually people who took photo outside of Canada. If there is no issue with your photo, your PR card should be in your mail within six to eight weeks. I noticed a 39-42 days time frame where a lot of people in this forum are receiving their card in mail.

Reactions: Tkhurmi

dgpatel

Star Member
Jul 16, 2016
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
16-05-2016
File Transfer...
06-07-2016
Med's Request
30-01-2017
Med's Done....
04-02-2017
Passport Req..
23-01-2018
My parents Landed on Feb 7.
PR card approved today.

YANP

Star Member
Oct 3, 2015
My wife's PR card was just approved. But my son's one not yet.

Photos resent for the third time and received by CIC on 22/02/2018

Reactions: Coco7

smile13

May 16, 2016
Landed Jan. 30. Card approved March 13. Card received in the mail: March 16. Good luck to everyone and I pray for us all to prosper in Canada and be a blessing to her.

Reactions: Shayna22

dgpatel

Star Member
Jul 16, 2016
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
16-05-2016
File Transfer...
06-07-2016
Med's Request
30-01-2017
Med's Done....
04-02-2017
Passport Req..
23-01-2018
May I ask which Port of Landing of your parents please?
Fort Erie Peace Bridge. I got approval for my dad. I was not able to link my mom application till yesterday. Once My dad got approval, i tried to link my mom app and i was able to link it but there was no approval for my mom. I called call center and asked about my mom's application status and they told me it's in printing.

Reactions: Smile24x7