+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TR TO PR PATHWAY FOR ESSENTIAL WORKERS

Aravind09

Jun 22, 2019
Hi, I have part time experience in Goodfood (associate) and Mcdonalds (crew member) of 18months and I have completed my studies in April do I eligible for essential workers program under these two companies? and also I am from Quebec, Appreciated for your help.
Thank you.

fukahachiru

Star Member
Jul 23, 2020
Hi My case is that
- From 2018-2020 I worked part-time at a restaurant as cashier and then 10/2020 I have a full-time job (not in essential list) and still currently working. Am I eligible for this stream?
- During the time I worked as cashier, my wage was changed. Do I need to state that in letter of employment or I can just take the latest wage as the wage stated in letter of employment?

Mayu9890

Dec 4, 2017
Hi My case is that
- From 2018-2020 I worked part-time at a restaurant as cashier and then 10/2020 I have a full-time job (not in essential list) and still currently working. Am I eligible for this stream?
- During the time I worked as cashier, my wage was changed. Do I need to state that in letter of employment or I can just take the latest wage as the wage stated in letter of employment?
If your work is in essential then apply otherwise they will refuse and you will not get your fees refund.

fukahachiru

Star Member
Jul 23, 2020
If your work is in essential then apply otherwise they will refuse and you will not get your fees refund.
They say ANY current employment. It's not necessary to be essential list in my opinion. Am I wrong?

Current employment
To be eligible, you must

• be employed in Canada when you submit your application
  • be employed in any job that exists in the National Occupational Classification website
  • be employed by someone else, meaning you cannot be self-employed
    • Exception: You may be working as a medical doctor in a fee-for-service arrangement with a health authority.
  • be paid by your employer, meaning you cannot be a volunteer
  • be working with authorization

Mayu9890

Dec 4, 2017
They say ANY current employment. It's not necessary to be essential list in my opinion. Am I wrong?

Current employment
To be eligible, you must

• be employed in any job that exists in the National Occupational Classification website
    • Exception: You may be working as a medical doctor in a fee-for-service arrangement with a health authority.
Check 2nd point

Mayu9890

Dec 4, 2017

Current employment
To be eligible, you must

Did you have 1 year experience in essential NOC as per the list?

Mayu9890

Dec 4, 2017
Did you have 1 year experience in essential NOC as per the list?
Work experience
You need 1 year of work experience (at least 1,560 hours) in the past 3 years. Unlike your current employment, which can be in any job, your experience needs to be in one or more eligible occupations.

Your work experience must include

• most of the main duties and all the essential duties listed in your National Occupational Classification (NOC)
  • the activities listed in the lead statement of your NOC

fukahachiru

Star Member
Jul 23, 2020
Yes. I worked part-time cashier from 1/2018-8/2020 (I graduated in 12/2019). So it's way more than 1560 hours and cashier is in essential list.
The current work is also in NOC B (but not in essential list for this stream)

Mayu9890

Dec 4, 2017
Yes. I worked part-time cashier from 1/2018-8/2020 (I graduated in 12/2019). So it's way more than 1560 hours and cashier is in essential list.
What is NOC code for cashier, is that code in there essential list?

Mayu9890

Dec 4, 2017
What I think is that Your work experience should be in essential.

canadawonderland

May 2, 2021
Hi I am on my PGWP right now and it expires soon. I have applied for the TR to PR pathway and one eligibility requirement for it is to be in Canada when the application is approved. Since IRCC tweeted that this pathway doesn't let us obtain a BOWP.

S my question is that can I apply for the PGWP extension under the new pgwp extension public policy as I am eligible for it. Do you think that it would be a issue as no where it states that people who applied for TR to PR pathway can't apply for the PGWP extension and vice versa.

Kindly please guide.

RIshit1011

May 11, 2021
Hi,

I am working in non healthcare essential job more than 2 years as a part time. But If I count my hours as 15hours/week, then I still need more hours. So my question is can I count my gross hours (Vacation hours, overtime hours) which is more then 1560 hours?

gusttavolih

Jul 24, 2018
Hi,

I am applying under the essential non-healthcare stream. In past 10 years I have not live for more than 6 months in a row in any country other than Canada.

However on the applicaiton portal, "*Police certificates, mandatory" (marked with an asterisk symbol) shows up as a field that I must submit a file to before proceeding to payment.

How should I go about submiting something that I am not required to provide? thanks.

panamsethi

Nov 12, 2020
Hi,

I am working in non healthcare essential job more than 2 years as a part time. But If I count my hours as 15hours/week, then I still need more hours. So my question is can I count my gross hours (Vacation hours, overtime hours) which is more then 1560 hours?
Hi could you share if you get a chance to apply for this? I have a similar case. Please share if you got any update about this.