+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TR to PR + Open Work Permit

ronitsharma

Star Member
Sep 4, 2017
Hi everyone,

I have just applied under the TR to PR gateway (International graduate) and I have added my spouse as a dependent who is in India right now.

My question is, while I wait for the result of this application, can I also apply for her Open work permit as I am currently on my work permit? If the open work permit comes sooner than the PR result, then I can call her here and simultaneously wait for a decision for our PR application? I know PR applications might take more time, therefore I want to see if I can get an open work permit for her.

Please let me know if this is possible.

Thanks,

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi everyone,

I have just applied under the TR to PR gateway (International graduate) and I have added my spouse as a dependent who is in India right now.

My question is, while I wait for the result of this application, can I also apply for her Open work permit as I am currently on my work permit? If the open work permit comes sooner than the PR result, then I can call her here and simultaneously wait for a decision for our PR application? I know PR applications might take more time, therefore I want to see if I can get an open work permit for her.

Please let me know if this is possible.

Thanks,
You can certainly apply for her open work permit as long as you are working in a NOC A, B or 0 job.

DHEERAJS1

May 21, 2017
Hi I submitted my tr to or application under international graduate stream.I forgot to include job duties in my letter of employment.All I said was I working with paystubs number of hours salary on company header.what should I do

DHEERAJS1

May 21, 2017
Hi, I applied under tr to pr international gradaute, I forgot to include my job responsibilities in the experience letter.I did include the paystub,employment letter with hours,dates,salary and all details on company letter head but not the job description.

ronitsharma

Star Member
Sep 4, 2017
Hi, I applied under tr to pr international gradaute, I forgot to include my job responsibilities in the experience letter.I did include the paystub,employment letter with hours,dates,salary and all details on company letter head but not the job description.
I guess you can use the web form (whenever it's available for this pathway) and submit a new document with the required details.

I have also made a mistake in one of the date of births in a form. I am waiting for a portal/web form for this pathway so that I can submit an updated one. I am not sure whether they will open it or not.

Reactions: DHEERAJS1

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
Unfortunately, this is one of the serious mistakes which may lead to the rejection. So, you need to update them with the correct information as soon as possible.

DHEERAJS1

May 21, 2017
I guess you can use the web form (whenever it's available for this pathway) and submit a new document with the required details.

I have also made a mistake in one of the date of births in a form. I am waiting for a portal/web form for this pathway so that I can submit an updated one. I am not sure whether they will open it or not.
but do you think my application will get rejected for this reason as im so worried

DHEERAJS1

May 21, 2017
Unfortunately, this is one of the serious mistakes which may lead to the rejection. So, you need to update them with the correct information as soon as possible.
do you know how to update them as soon as possible.i already sent a document through web form under the technical difficulties portal.

ronitsharma

Star Member
Sep 4, 2017
You can certainly apply for her open work permit as long as you are working in a NOC A, B or 0 job.
Hi, quick question.

Now that my spouse is applying for her OWP, what should be the answer to "have you previously applied to enter canada?".
Should it be NO as I applied for the TR to PR but she was only a dependant, or should she answer YES even though the application has not been processed yet?

Let me know.
Thanks,