+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TR to PR Essential Worker - Bridging visa or visa extension?

LEC123

May 7, 2021
Hey,

Me and my partner have applied as common law for the essential workers stream, however, we're a little worried as there has been no mention of bridging visas or work visa extensions for those who's visa expires soon (ours expires next month). Do we know if anything's to be announced or expected to be? We're aware we'd have to maintain status by going to a travel visa if we can't continue to work. But I find it a bit silly if nothing is to be announced about a bridging visa for us essential workers, we surely can't really be expected to not work until we get a decision, it could be months!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hey,

Me and my partner have applied as common law for the essential workers stream, however, we're a little worried as there has been no mention of bridging visas or work visa extensions for those who's visa expires soon (ours expires next month). Do we know if anything's to be announced or expected to be? We're aware we'd have to maintain status by going to a travel visa if we can't continue to work. But I find it a bit silly if nothing is to be announced about a bridging visa for us essential workers, we surely can't really be expected to not work until we get a decision, it could be months!

I don't believe IRCC has announced that a BOWP will be available for applicants unless something new was published today.

I think you'll need to wait until people start receiving AOR to see what that message says and if there's any mention of a BOWP or extension.

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Hey,

IRCC did tweet there's no BOWP, again for what reason, we don't know.
Will they process those apps quick? , will they just issue some kinda of WP down the line? No clue.
We should be expecting AOR's soon, and they will let us know what's gonna happen etc. Will update if anything changes.

LEC123

May 7, 2021
IRCC did tweet there's no BOWP, again for what reason, we don't know.
Will they process those apps quick? , will they just issue some kinda of WP down the line? No clue.
We should be expecting AOR's soon, and they will let us know what's gonna happen etc. Will update if anything changes.
Yh I’ve heard BOWP isn’t going to be a thing for this route, but an ‘interim authorisation to work’ may be being discussed so my immigration lawyer said, hopefully that is the case and we can continue working, as our visas are up on June 1st! We don’t mind a month or two without work, but anything longer will be tough on the bank account! Yes if you hear anything, please let me know! Thanks!