+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tourist Visitor Visa

apsarkar

Star Member
Mar 21, 2017
Hi.

What should be written as "Name/Address of the person/institution that I will visit" if I am applying for a tourist visa to Canada? This information is being asked in IMM5257E (APPLICATION FOR VISITOR VISA).

I am not visiting any particular person or institution.

Thanks,
Aparna Sarkar

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Since you intend to travel with your mom, this means you. Write your name.

apsarkar

Star Member
Mar 21, 2017
But I do not have a Canadian Address. I will also be landing in Canada for the first time.

Also, what should be the purpose of her visit, should it be - "Tourism" or "Others". If I specify the purpose as "Others", it asks me for a "Letter of Invitation", but we do not have anyone in Canada, who can give a letter of invitation.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
But I do not have a Canadian Address. I will also be landing in Canada for the first time.

Also, what should be the purpose of her visit, should it be - "Tourism" or "Others". If I specify the purpose as "Others", it asks me for a "Letter of Invitation", but we do not have anyone in Canada, who can give a letter of invitation.
You could get a Canadian address before landing! Either borrow (from a friend), rent or purchase one. For tourism, no invitation letter is needed.