+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tourist visa

Discussion in 'Visitors' started by mandytaba, Jun 14, 2018.

  1. Hi,
    My mom has a valid multiple entry visa till 11/2019.
    Can she apply for a new visa with longer validity on a new passport?
    Or she must wait until the visa expires?
    Thank you!
  2. Chances of a TRV refusal are very high if you apply now. ideally, your mom would want to apply about a month or so before her current TRV expires.

    The length of her new TRV validity will depend on her circumstances at the time of her application
    sminut13 likes this.
  3. Thank you so much Bryanna,
    My parents applied for a visitor visa more than three years ago, they got multiple entry visa until the validity of their passports expires.
    At the time my mom’s passport was valid for more than 4 years and my dad’s about 2 years.
    So now if they want to visit us in Canada my dad needs to apply again and as there’s no Canadian embassy in Tehran,
    they should travel to another country like Turkey! It’s a very difficult and pricey process for elderly people, so I thought may be they can apply at the same time !
    Anyhow, I believe that they should apply separately for two consecutive years.
    Thanks again for the reply
  4. Your dad would need to apply separately, maybe a month before his current TRV expires.

    Don't apply for your mom. It's super early. Is she eligible for a new passport right now?
  5. Validity of Iranian passport is for 5 years , and you can change it a year before expiry date, in some cases like getting multiple entry visa they will allow people to change it even 2 years before expiry date.
  6. The answer remains the same. Don't apply for your mom until about a month or so before her TRV expires
    mandytaba likes this.
  7. Sure,thank you!
  8. hii
    i want to submit application file , but i m confused with imm 5713 form. by whom it has to filled , i m unable to unterstand. please help
  9. Sorry, I have no idea.
  10. Are you applying for a TRV along with other members of your family? If yes, then you can submit IMM 5713 as their authorized representative.

    If you are NOT applying with your family members then those applicants can submit IMM 5476 to appoint you as their representative
  11. You might want to check with the Ankara visa office whether or not your dad needs to give his biometrics again.

    From what I understand, if someone has a valid TRV then s/he does not have to give biometrics again for 10 years from the date of the original biometrics.

    Do post the reply you get from the visa office here so that it can help other applicants in the same situation
    mandytaba likes this.
  12. I
  13. Thanks dear Bryanna,
    I emailed Ankara consular office and I received no reply.
    I also emailed the VAC office in Istanbul, where my father got his visa previous time, and they said the embassy hasn’t given them any information yet.
    So, I believe I have to wait until the end of July.
    Thanks for your concern
  14. This is the new information regarding the biometrics:
    For clarification, please note that the new regulations that will expand the collection of biometrics and the related new policy where certain clients will only need to give their biometrics once every 10 years will start only as of 31 July 2018.

    For new temporary resident applications received starting on 31 July 2018, if an applicant provided biometrics in the past while making any application (a temporary resident visa, status or permit) their biometrics will be valid from the date they provided their biometrics for a period of 10 years, and therefore they will not have to provide them again if the 10 years have not elapsed. For temporary resident applications submitted before 31 July 2018, clients must still submit biometrics.
  15. Yeah, this is what I said. Your dad won't have to give his biometrics again
    mandytaba likes this.

Share This Page