+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tourist Visa Rejected 3 times

subhasha

Oct 1, 2017
Hi,

I got my TRV rejected again today.
1. Oct 2017 - for Tourism purpose - Rejected due to Travel History, Purpose of visit, Financial Status
2. Mar 2018 - To visit my Cousin (Invitation letter provided by my cousin) - Rejected due to Travel History, Purpose of visit and sufficient funds
3. May 2019 - To visit my Cousin (Invitation letter provided by my cousin) - Rejected due to Travel History, Immigration Status and Family ties in Canada and country of residence.

All 3 times, I provided them with sufficient financial balance proof of 30k + CAD. I am Single and my age is 30. I am an Indian passport holder currently working in Australia on a work visa which is valid till 2021. I provided NOC from my office approving my leave. My visit will be self-funded and I do not need any financial support.

I really do not understand why my TRV is getting rejected every time.

Any help would be highly appreciated. Can someone tell why it is rejected and what I am missing here and what are my chances of getting the visa if I apply again?

Thanks for your help !!!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
One of the issues is that you are Living in in a 3rd country with a permit that ends in a year or two. You don’t have strong ties to India but also not very strong ties to Australia. The second application seems to coincide with you arrival to Australia. You wouldn't have had strong ties then since you had just arrived and perhaps not even had a job or place to live. A trip would have seemed odd at the time. Your 1st application wasn’t very strong because you were young single, perhaps no property and not sure about longterm employment. You seem to be determined to visit Canada so that also causes some concern. It is only your cousin not direct family so the persistence to travel so far may concern CIC. The issue of how long you want to stay may also be concerned too long. Would encourage you to order GCMS notes to identify exact concerns.

subhasha

Oct 1, 2017
Thanks for your response. It makes sense to an extent. But I have been in Australia since Sep-2017 on a work visa. so all my applications had my visa and employment details attached. I agree that I may not have strong ties with Australia to show other than my employment records. And regarding determined to visit Canada, I have US tourist Visa and I wanted to visit US and Canada in one go taking some 3-4 weeks holiday. That is the reason I am applying again and moreover, there was a 1-year gap between my 2nd and 3rd application.
I did mention the above details in my letter of explanation, but still, I think it did not help :(

Your inputs are really helpful. I will try to order GCMS notes for more information. Thanks again !! Do you suggest that I apply again or should I just leave the idea of visiting Canada?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for your response. It makes sense to an extent. But I have been in Australia since Sep-2017 on a work visa. so all my applications had my visa and employment details attached. I agree that I may not have strong ties with Australia to show other than my employment records. And regarding determined to visit Canada, I have US tourist Visa and I wanted to visit US and Canada in one go taking some 3-4 weeks holiday. That is the reason I am applying again and moreover, there was a 1-year gap between my 2nd and 3rd application.
I did mention the above details in my letter of explanation, but still, I think it did not help :(

Your inputs are really helpful. I will try to order GCMS notes for more information. Thanks again !! Do you suggest that I apply again or should I just leave the idea of visiting Canada?
Sorry I didn’t realize you moved to Australia right before your first visa attempt. You would have been refused because of lack of connection to Australia. People living with temporary status in a 3rd country often struggle to get visas to Canada. The fact that you are on your 3rd refusals adds to the issue. Your case would be much better if you visited the US and returned to Australia. It is up to you to decide when to apply again but my opinion is that I would be concerned that you’ll just get another refusal. There are people who do get approved after multiple refusals. The most important thing is to show your strong connections to Australia. Things like apartment leases, car payments, future business or personal trips that have already been booked departing from Australia.

Manpreet_2233

Nov 2, 2017
Try to travel more countries before apply to Canada ,thrice refusal it seems that you are desperate to move Canada.
you are still single at the stage of 30 years make no sense of strong Family ties + your permit is on temporary based.