+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tourist visa refusal - Refund

Jack D

Jan 30, 2020
Hello,

Hope everyone staying safe!

I had applied for my parent's tourist visa which got refused by IRCC stating below. I was in Canada and wanted my parents and sibling to visit me. I no longer stay in Canada now.

your application does not
meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and the Immigration
and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following
grounds:

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary
resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your travel history.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary
resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and
in your country of residence.
resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and
financial status.

Honestly, I am very disappointed when got to know there is no refund if it is refused. Visas were filed with the help of an agent and I thought they will take care of proper documentation but dint work out as expected. I wanted to know is there any way I can request IRCC for a refund (full or partial) or any other good suggestion to help me?

P.S. Their profiles were submitted to IRCSS in Mar 2020 and I got refusal in July 2020 so I think COVID might have played a role here.

Thanks,
Jack D

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There are no refund. Next time, it's better than apply by yourself than through an agent. Do you call your agent IRCSS?

• Sad
Reactions: Jack D

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello,

Hope everyone staying safe!

I had applied for my parent's tourist visa which got refused by IRCC stating below. I was in Canada and wanted my parents and sibling to visit me. I no longer stay in Canada now.

your application does not
meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and the Immigration
and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following
grounds:

resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your travel history.
resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and
in your country of residence.
resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and
financial status.

Honestly, I am very disappointed when got to know there is no refund if it is refused. Visas were filed with the help of an agent and I thought they will take care of proper documentation but dint work out as expected. I wanted to know is there any way I can request IRCC for a refund (full or partial) or any other good suggestion to help me?

P.S. Their profiles were submitted to IRCSS in Mar 2020 and I got refusal in July 2020 so I think COVID might have played a role here.

Thanks,
Jack D
IRCC won't grant a refund (either full or partial).

If you apply again, I would recommend that you do so on your own rather than through an agent. Applying through an agent in no way guarantees the application will be well put together or that you will be approved. Best option is to do it on your own to make sure the application is comprehensive.

Jack D

Jan 30, 2020
IRCC won't grant a refund (either full or partial).

If you apply again, I would recommend that you do so on your own rather than through an agent. Applying through an agent in no way guarantees the application will be well put together or that you will be approved. Best option is to do it on your own to make sure the application is comprehensive.
Thank you for your reply! lesson learned.

rish6

Sep 5, 2013
There are no refund. Next time, it's better than apply by yourself than through an agent. Do you call your agent IRCSS?
Hello there if there is a refusal, what do we write in the future application (in the section where it asks whether we have been refused)? Do we just say yes or we clarify our intentions as well on a word doc

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello there if there is a refusal, what do we write in the future application (in the section where it asks whether we have been refused)? Do we just say yes or we clarify our intentions as well on a word doc
both

Reactions: rish6