+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tourist Visa Refusal-Need Guidance to lodge the file again

gagangourav

Jan 25, 2020
  • Hello everyone!

Me and my family (my Spouse and Son) applied for a 2 week visit to Canada on the 30th September 2019 at VFS and got our passports back with a letter of refusal on the 9th October 2019. The reasons that the VO stated for the refusal are as follows;

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your travel history.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.

All of us got the same refusal letter with same reasons with just our personal details changed.

This is my first refusal and I’m worried to reapply because they might just put my application away like “ahh we refused it once, how come he has new evidence or strong points this soon, so let’s refuse again without even going through what he has got to say”

Here’s the whole case description:

The wedding of my Cousin brother was scheduled on 14th October 2019, for which he invited us along with family. My Cousin is a Govt. Employee at Canada and is a Canadian Citizen. He gave us a sponsor letter along with the necessary details of the event. The marriage of my Cousin was scheduled earlier and initially his family was willing to keep it as a small function with low gathering. However, upon the willingness of his parents, they decided to invite certain important members of the family like us to their wedding. The invitation was sent to us just 20 days before the event, although the wedding was fixed in July and arrangements like Marriage License, Banquet Booking was also done at that stage. I explained this point in my LOE too. We immediately rushed to submit our application for the TRV as soon as we got the relevant documents from the sponsor.

My Profile:

I am currently working as a Relationship Manager in a reputed Bank in India and deals in commercial loans. It is a reputed job in my country and I am also earning good income out of it. My current monthly salary is Rs. 56000/- approx which is equivalent to 1020 CAD approx. Apart from this, I am also earning a good interest Income from the fixed deposits in the banks.

Family details:

I live in a joint family with my parents along with my Spouse, my son and sister. My Spouse is a home maker and Son is a student. My sister is a Govt teacher and earning good monthly Salary of CAD 1050 approx. My Parents own our house in their name (Approximate market Value of the house is more than CAD 75000 approx. My father is a retired Govt. Teacher and is earning good amount in the form of monthly pension. We are living together since my birth.

• Travel History:

All of us were having fresh Passports (Many of my fellow workers got their Visa stamped on their fresh passports without having any Travel history)

Reasons started in Explanation letter supporting our return to India:

• that I am doing a respectable and stable job here and earning a handsome income out of it along with other source of income too.

• that we are owning properties worth CAD 34,000 along with parents owned house of CAD 75000 approx. which can be considered as a good amount in India.

• that there is no one to look after my Old age Parents except me and my wife in our absence.

• that we own good amount of assets in the form of Bank Balance and Fixed deposits here in our homeland and living a comfortable life here.

• that I am Eligible for a permanent residency of Canada if I apply through proper Channel, So I certainly will not like to vanish that opportunity by overstaying in Canada on a TRV-I stated this point as I was also in EE pool as intended immigrant at that time, although my CRS score was not high enough to get the ITA. My Consultant encouraged me to state this in this TRV application and assured that dual intent is acceptable as per Canadian Immigration Laws. On the back of my mind, I term this as a mistake and possible reason of Refusal. What is your take on this?

• that My Son is studying and is in the mid of his study session and need to join his school as soon as possible after our return.

Documents Submitted (applied as a group):

• Application forms duly filled, dated and signed

• Original Passports of me, my spouse and my Son

• Photographs of all applicants

• Visa and Bio-metrics Fee Receipt of or all applicants

• My Itinerary of two weeks explained along with intended Journey dates in the Letter of Explanation. As stay was at Cousin’s house, So not Hotel Booking was there

• Copy of Our Marriage Certificate

• Copy of Appointment letter of me along with a reference letter from Employer and Identity card of job

• Copy of Reference letter of previous Employer

• Copy of 3 years Income tax returns along with copy of Salary Slips and bank statements along with copy of Fixed deposits having consolidated Balance of CAD 30,000 approx

• Valuation Certificates of Fixed assets (Properties) having value of CAD 34,000 approx

• Invitation letter issued by Sponsor in which he assured that he is willing to bear all our Lodging, boarding and travels along with any medicals emergency

• copy of his Canadian Passport. Driving License

• Copy of Invitation card of Marriage along with copy of Marriage registration, Catering contract of the event

• Copy of Job letter of the Sponsor having Govt. job in Canada

• Copy of Lease agreement of Sponsor's residence along with copy of latest utility bill

• Relationship proof showing relation between me and my cousin (Sponsor)

Please go though my case and advise what may be the reason of refusal of my TRV application.

Also advise me on reapplying, as there is not any change in the circumstances?

Should I go ahead and do it or should I just give-up?
P.S.- I am also planning to go for a vacation to Singapore along with my family to make up on Travel history reason. How much gap must be there if I submit my TRV application again after this trip? Now, Can the purpose of my visit be tourism and meeting my cousin in Canada?

Thanks in Anticipation

Maxsharma12

Jun 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
  • Hello everyone!

Me and my family (my Spouse and Son) applied for a 2 week visit to Canada on the 30th September 2019 at VFS and got our passports back with a letter of refusal on the 9th October 2019. The reasons that the VO stated for the refusal are as follows;

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your travel history.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.

All of us got the same refusal letter with same reasons with just our personal details changed.

This is my first refusal and I’m worried to reapply because they might just put my application away like “ahh we refused it once, how come he has new evidence or strong points this soon, so let’s refuse again without even going through what he has got to say”

Here’s the whole case description:

The wedding of my Cousin brother was scheduled on 14th October 2019, for which he invited us along with family. My Cousin is a Govt. Employee at Canada and is a Canadian Citizen. He gave us a sponsor letter along with the necessary details of the event. The marriage of my Cousin was scheduled earlier and initially his family was willing to keep it as a small function with low gathering. However, upon the willingness of his parents, they decided to invite certain important members of the family like us to their wedding. The invitation was sent to us just 20 days before the event, although the wedding was fixed in July and arrangements like Marriage License, Banquet Booking was also done at that stage. I explained this point in my LOE too. We immediately rushed to submit our application for the TRV as soon as we got the relevant documents from the sponsor.

My Profile:

I am currently working as a Relationship Manager in a reputed Bank in India and deals in commercial loans. It is a reputed job in my country and I am also earning good income out of it. My current monthly salary is Rs. 56000/- approx which is equivalent to 1020 CAD approx. Apart from this, I am also earning a good interest Income from the fixed deposits in the banks.

Family details:

I live in a joint family with my parents along with my Spouse, my son and sister. My Spouse is a home maker and Son is a student. My sister is a Govt teacher and earning good monthly Salary of CAD 1050 approx. My Parents own our house in their name (Approximate market Value of the house is more than CAD 75000 approx. My father is a retired Govt. Teacher and is earning good amount in the form of monthly pension. We are living together since my birth.

• Travel History:

All of us were having fresh Passports (Many of my fellow workers got their Visa stamped on their fresh passports without having any Travel history)

Reasons started in Explanation letter supporting our return to India:

• that I am doing a respectable and stable job here and earning a handsome income out of it along with other source of income too.

• that we are owning properties worth CAD 34,000 along with parents owned house of CAD 75000 approx. which can be considered as a good amount in India.

• that there is no one to look after my Old age Parents except me and my wife in our absence.

• that we own good amount of assets in the form of Bank Balance and Fixed deposits here in our homeland and living a comfortable life here.

• that I am Eligible for a permanent residency of Canada if I apply through proper Channel, So I certainly will not like to vanish that opportunity by overstaying in Canada on a TRV-I stated this point as I was also in EE pool as intended immigrant at that time, although my CRS score was not high enough to get the ITA. My Consultant encouraged me to state this in this TRV application and assured that dual intent is acceptable as per Canadian Immigration Laws. On the back of my mind, I term this as a mistake and possible reason of Refusal. What is your take on this?

• that My Son is studying and is in the mid of his study session and need to join his school as soon as possible after our return.

Documents Submitted (applied as a group):

• Application forms duly filled, dated and signed

• Original Passports of me, my spouse and my Son

• Photographs of all applicants

• Visa and Bio-metrics Fee Receipt of or all applicants

• My Itinerary of two weeks explained along with intended Journey dates in the Letter of Explanation. As stay was at Cousin’s house, So not Hotel Booking was there

• Copy of Our Marriage Certificate

• Copy of Appointment letter of me along with a reference letter from Employer and Identity card of job

• Copy of Reference letter of previous Employer

• Copy of 3 years Income tax returns along with copy of Salary Slips and bank statements along with copy of Fixed deposits having consolidated Balance of CAD 30,000 approx

• Valuation Certificates of Fixed assets (Properties) having value of CAD 34,000 approx

• Invitation letter issued by Sponsor in which he assured that he is willing to bear all our Lodging, boarding and travels along with any medicals emergency

• copy of his Canadian Passport. Driving License

• Copy of Invitation card of Marriage along with copy of Marriage registration, Catering contract of the event

• Copy of Job letter of the Sponsor having Govt. job in Canada

• Copy of Lease agreement of Sponsor's residence along with copy of latest utility bill

• Relationship proof showing relation between me and my cousin (Sponsor)

Please go though my case and advise what may be the reason of refusal of my TRV application.

Also advise me on reapplying, as there is not any change in the circumstances?

Should I go ahead and do it or should I just give-up?
P.S.- I am also planning to go for a vacation to Singapore along with my family to make up on Travel history reason. How much gap must be there if I submit my TRV application again after this trip? Now, Can the purpose of my visit be tourism and meeting my cousin in Canada?

Thanks in Anticipation
Order GCMS notes to check more details of -“why the officer had refused this application.“

And, as per me if you would had applied only for you and your spouse - not your son, then the chances could had been better. But anyways, try getting GCMS notes.

All the best,

Reactions: gagangourav

gagangourav

Jan 25, 2020
Order GCMS notes to check more details of -“why the officer had refused this application.“

And, as per me if you would had applied only for you and your spouse - not your son, then the chances could had been better. But anyways, try getting GCMS notes.

All the best,

Thanks for the reply... I have ordered the GCMS notes and might be getting them in few days. Did you find any refusal reason in the description provided above. I have heard that usually gcms notes may also give General reasons like travel history and all

bluffmaster88

Jun 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for the reply... I have ordered the GCMS notes and might be getting them in few days. Did you find any refusal reason in the description provided above. I have heard that usually gcms notes may also give General reasons like travel history and all
I am not an expert. But I see this could have been the reason.

"Invitation letter issued by Sponsor in which he assured that he is willing to bear all our Lodging, boarding and travels along with any medicals emergency"

Having someone sponsor for the entire trip increases the ties in Canada than in home country. Instead, you could have shown the amount required for the trip in your own bank account. There are similar rejections where the Canadian resident showed proof of funds and not the invitee.

gagangourav

Jan 25, 2020
I am not an expert. But I see this could have been the reason.

"Invitation letter issued by Sponsor in which he assured that he is willing to bear all our Lodging, boarding and travels along with any medicals emergency"

Having someone sponsor for the entire trip increases the ties in Canada than in home country. Instead, you could have shown the amount required for the trip in your own bank account. There are similar rejections where the Canadian resident showed proof of funds and not the invitee.
Well..As stated above I had shown approx 30000 CAD as Bank Balance and also written in LOE that although Sponsor is willing to bear all costs, but even in absence of the same, I am capable enough to bear them on my own

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
First, he is t a sponsor. He only provides an invitation. Second, his offering to pay all expenses is irrelevant as IRCC has no means to enforce that. You need to have sufficient funds to pay for the trip. I agree applying without your child would have improved your chances. Travel to Singapore will do nothing for your travel history. Need to be Australia, Japan or the EU for it to help. Having actually docuumemtnetd you are eligible to immigrate in a letter to IRCC was probably the biggest mistake. Indicating that probably concerned IRCC that your actual intent was to find work. Ever heard of dual intent for immigrating for anything other than spousal sponsorship. The fact it’s not illegal does not make it acceptable. Wait for the notes.

gagangourav

Jan 25, 2020
First, he is t a sponsor. He only provides an invitation. Second, his offering to pay all expenses is irrelevant as IRCC has no means to enforce that. You need to have sufficient funds to pay for the trip. I agree applying without your child would have improved your chances. Travel to Singapore will do nothing for your travel history. Need to be Australia, Japan or the EU for it to help. Having actually docuumemtnetd you are eligible to immigrate in a letter to IRCC was probably the biggest mistake. Indicating that probably concerned IRCC that your actual intent was to find work. Ever heard of dual intent for immigrating for anything other than spousal sponsorship. The fact it’s not illegal does not make it acceptable. Wait for the notes.
Hi

I also admit that giving description of EE profile was a mistake.. But even if I didn't mentioned that Isn't IRCC have access to match my credentials to that by Passport number??

Now that my IELTS is expired and I am ineligible for EE now, will it make any difference if I re apply again.

Do VO check previous notes too when analyising new applications? If so, will it shut doors of Canada for me forever

rish6

Sep 5, 2013
Hello there.. if there is a refusal, what do we write in the future application (in the section where it asks whether we have been refused)? Do we just say yes or we clarify our intentions as well on a word doc.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello there.. if there is a refusal, what do we write in the future application (in the section where it asks whether we have been refused)? Do we just say yes or we clarify our intentions as well on a word doc.
Since you are posting on a thread about visitor visas, you say yes.