04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
Hi everyone,

My brother is planning on visiting me in Canada for a couple of weeks in November/December. He currently works with writing for a website; however, his job is done remotely, and he doesn’t need a “leave” for the two weeks he will be here.

The question I have is, since his job is one he can continue even while he is in Canada, how will his visa interview go? I know that visa officers usually try to ensure that applicants will actually return to their home country after their stay in Canada is up, and my brother absolutely will do that, but how can he demonstrate that, without having an office job he needs to return to? He just graduated college, so he’s staying with our parents right now, so he doesn’t have a place he is paying rent/mortgage for either that he could use to demonstrate ties to his home country.

Any help will be appreciated, thank you!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Unfortunately your brother has little to no chance of getting a visa unless he has done extensive travel to other countries requiring a visa like UK, Australia, NZ, UK, etc. He doesn't have the strong ties to show he will return like job, home/lease, spouse/children, etc

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
There is no visa interview for visitors. It's all online, like Express Entry, so documents will be submitted. As previously said, if there is little in the way of documents to prove your brother's ties, then his chances of getting approved for a TRV are very low.