+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tourist Visa Online & at POE: Which one is valid

Philigran

Oct 7, 2015
Hi guys,

so before my Working Holiday Visa ended, I filed for a change of status with immigration Canada online. I asked for 6 months. Then, shortly before my visa ran out and while my application was still being processed, I left the country for the USA.

I came back 3.5 weeks after and received a 6 months tourist visa at the POE. However, my application for the change of status was still being processed. Then, a few weeks after, I received the approval and got sent the respective papers. Since processing took so long, my departure date is way behind what the immigration officer stamped into my passport back at the POE.

Which of the two is valid now and when am I supposed to leave? On the date, which the POE stamped in my passport, or the one that is mentioned in the papers I received via my online application?

Thanks so much guys,

Philipp

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
Philigran said:
Hi guys,

so before my Working Holiday Visa ended, I filed for a change of status with immigration Canada online. I asked for 6 months. Then, shortly before my visa ran out and while my application was still being processed, I left the country for the USA.

I came back 3.5 weeks after and received a 6 months tourist visa at the POE. However, my application for the change of status was still being processed. Then, a few weeks after, I received the approval and got sent the respective papers. Since processing took so long, my departure date is way behind what the immigration officer stamped into my passport back at the POE.

Which of the two is valid now and when am I supposed to leave? On the date, which the POE stamped in my passport, or the one that is mentioned in the papers I received via my online application?

Thanks so much guys,

Philipp
There is no such thing as "tourist visa", so I don't know if you have a TRV or a visitor status. I will assume you are from a visa exempt country due to your WHV.

When the CBSA officer gave you a VISITOR STATUS for 6 months the previous status was void. Therefore any process pertaining that status were automatically cancelled. This means the VISITOR STATUS for 6 months recieved is the current one.