+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tourist Visa into Start-up Visa?

Isy2018

Jul 7, 2018
Hello,
I was wondering if you can change your Multiple Entry Tourist Visa into a start-up visa whilst being in Canada? For any country restrictions laws: I am Tunisian and I own 2 convenience stores in my home country.
After visiting Canada and liking it, I started thinking about selling my businesses and buying a convenience store in Canada.
Thank you for your answers.

Isy2018

Jul 7, 2018
Thanks for your reply.
I am considering south western Ontario. I checked the eligibility but I just don't know if it is possible to apply whilst being in Canada?

magento

Jun 5, 2018
Thanks for your reply.
I am considering south western Ontario. I checked the eligibility but I just don't know if it is possible to apply whilst being in Canada?
You can apply but before that you need a Letter of Support from designated organisations which is not a cake walk.

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
Thanks for your reply.
The startup visa is aimed at knowledge-based growth companies that will create jobs in Canada. As a result, you require a letter of support from a venture capital firm, an accelerator or an angel group. You will not qualify based on a single convenience store, as none of those organizations will be interested in investing in such a venture. I suggest you look at alternate paths.