+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TOURIST VISA INQUIRY

katrinmelani

Star Member
Nov 28, 2019
Philippines
Category........
Hello. My name is Katrin from the Philippines. I am currently looking forward to visit Canada next year on March or April. I have a boyfriend in Canada and we are hardly thinking if he will be the one to invite me or just apply by my own. I am currently working as a call center agent here for 2 years and 6 months. And I have no travel history as of the moment but as per my friend she was able to be accepted without travel history. I will really appreciate your help guys.

1.1 Is it okay to apply by my own and is this going to give me more or less chance to be approved?

1.2 or is it more advisable to be invited by my boyfriend and letter coming from him?

1.3 By the Month of March I will have my statement of account there, my personal bank account active for 5 months. Is it safe to apply that time?

1.4 For a 1 week visit, what will be the good show money for this in CAD?

1.5 or maybe if I got invited by a friend, and will put there that I will live with them. Will it be more okay so I can have less to show in my bank account?

1.6 What are the best advise you can give me please to have proof the embassy that I will go back here in the Philippines? Like the specific ones.

1.7 And if I will process it on March 2nd week, will I get the chance to fly over there by the end of March or atlease end of April?

And I just opened my bank account this Octber

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
1.1-2. More often than not, the visa officer will assume that you are in a romantic relationship with your Canadian inviter, and that you will want to overstay in Canada.
One problem is that you also don't have any short-term travel history to visa-required countries outside of Asia (UK, Europe, US, Australia) to convince them otherwise.

1.3. Depends how much you have.

1.4. In my opinion, CA$10,000.

1.5. No, you still have to show you can afford the trip completely by yourself, even if you will have benefactors.

1.6. Have a good, stable job, a healthy bank account, and good travel history. Unfortunately, a lot of visa officers don't regard your job as a stable one. Not to say that call center agents never get approved...just pointing out some trends.
You can also try providing a daily agenda and budget of your trip to Canada.

1.7. Can't predict for sure. The timelines provided are only estimates.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html

katrinmelani

Star Member
Nov 28, 2019
Philippines
Category........
Thank you so much.

-Is it okay to travel to Dubai that requires visa and go to Peru after that and then travel back to the Philippines?

You we're such a great help! Thank you so much.

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
Agree with bellaluna. Unless you work for in house call centres like Telstra, Amex, etc (which VOs still think are unstable) then the job is not a very good tie to the home. Call centre hopping is also a trend.

IMO, Dubai and Peru won’t matter. UK, Europe, Australia and the USA are the usual countries that VOs look at as good travel history.

Reactions: bellaluna

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
^ Agree with the Dubai and Peru assessments there. I daresay OP might be better off applying for a US visa. They're more lax than Canada, and they're more likely to consider Asian travels.

Reactions: jddd

katrinmelani

Star Member
Nov 28, 2019
Philippines
Category........
Agree with bellaluna. Unless you work for in house call centres like Telstra, Amex, etc (which VOs still think are unstable) then the job is not a very good tie to the home. Call centre hopping is also a trend.

IMO, Dubai and Peru won’t matter. UK, Europe, Australia and the USA are the usual countries that VOs look at as good travel history.
But Dubai requires visa too right?

I worked in Telus International Philippines based in Canada.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
But are the requirements there are more expensive and too many as well?
Just the fee, application form (DS-160) and the personal interview. Not sure why you think that; you don’t need to submit anything for the US, and they don’t ask for documents 99% of the time. Canada has far more requirements.

for the bank account, they need a bank certificate and 4 months of statements showing a healthy balance and a regular input of money.

katrinmelani

Star Member
Nov 28, 2019
Philippines
Category........
Just the fee, application form (DS-160) and the personal interview. Not sure why you think that; you don’t need to submit anything for the US, and they don’t ask for documents 99% of the time. Canada has far more requirements.

for the bank account, they need a bank certificate and 4 months of statements showing a healthy balance and a regular input of money.
I am just new in everything and being critical about it.

For the bank account, so is it okay that my bank account is just 4months active too?

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
I am just new in everything and being critical about it.

For the bank account, so is it okay that my bank account is just 4months active too?
Ehhhhh...I wouldn't say it's okay or not okay, but the visa officer might have some suspicions.

How do you get your salary? Don't you have a payroll account? That would suffice.

katrinmelani

Star Member
Nov 28, 2019
Philippines
Category........
Ehhhhh...I wouldn't say it's okay or not okay, but the visa officer might have some suspicions.

How do you get your salary? Don't you have a payroll account? That would suffice.
Oh I work in a call center and I am earning 718 CAd per month so I can show my payroll too aside from my personal bank account active for 2 years and 6months, but aside from that I am also getting money from my father which helps me a lot for this future travel and not just that but I have sideline when it comes to earning and saving money. Will I need to show them the proof for that?

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Oh I work in a call center and I am earning 718 CAd per month so I can show my payroll too aside from my personal bank account active for 2 years and 6months, but aside from that I am also getting money from my father which helps me a lot for this future travel and not just that but I have sideline when it comes to earning and saving money. Will I need to show them the proof for that?
Definitely. Show all the sources of income that you can. If you want, also try to briefly explain in a cover letter for the Proof of Financial Support (or whatever it's called) requirement.

babsizkil

Dec 18, 2016
It isn’t difficult to get a visa for Dubai. It has to be a country with stringent requirements.

Isn’t Telus under Ambergris?
I agree with jddd and bellaluna on their submission above. VO and immigration agent oversee consider UK, Europe, Australia, New Zealand and the USA as having similar immigration processing and policies with Canada. Therefore, I will advice you, to research if there is any of those countries that is simple shot for you: most easy. It will open your passport to many travel opportunities.