+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tourist visa for Minor while PR in process

Thunderboy007

Dec 3, 2020
Hello Dear admins and friends,

I have a situation for which I am looking for answers I couldn't find.

I have a FSW PR application in process for me, my wife and our child(age 2). It was submitted on 1st Dec 2020. Till date, I have not received any confirmation for that. My wife and I both have Canada tourist visa till 2028. However, the child doesn't have it.

So, I was thinking can I apply for TRV for the child while her PR is in process? I know of course I have to write solid letter why she needs visitor visa but is there any rule like dual intent or something like that which might jeopardize our original PR application?

If I can apply, should I create new account for her? When navigating through IRCC website it says your previous application would be withdrawn if you apply again but this is for visitor visa only right? Please correct.

@legalfalcon , @scylla ....please help

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello Dear admins and friends,

I have a situation for which I am looking for answers I couldn't find.

I have a FSW PR application in process for me, my wife and our child(age 2). It was submitted on 1st Dec 2020. Till date, I have not received any confirmation for that. My wife and I both have Canada tourist visa till 2028. However, the child doesn't have it.

So, I was thinking can I apply for TRV for the child while her PR is in process? I know of course I have to write solid letter why she needs visitor visa but is there any rule like dual intent or something like that which might jeopardize our original PR application?

If I can apply, should I create new account for her? When navigating through IRCC website it says your previous application would be withdrawn if you apply again but this is for visitor visa only right? Please correct.

@legalfalcon , @scylla ....please help
You can certainly apply for a TRV for the child. Whether the TRV is refused or approved will have no impact on your PR application.

I'm not familiar enough with the site to guide you beyond that.

Reactions: Thunderboy007

Frustrated2.0

Star Member
Mar 31, 2022
Hello,

You can apply for your child via the IRCC new portal. It should not have any impact on the PR decision as soon as you are able to convince IRCC that you will only be visiting and returning to your home country after your stay.

Good luck!

Reactions: Thunderboy007