+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tourist visa for Honeymoon-Fiancee is resident of Canada

sheryl3878

Mar 12, 2011
Hello, I hope someone could give me an advise. We are getting married in October and we are hoping to spend our first Christmas together in Canada. Could i apply for a tourist visa prior our wedding and could he indicate in his letter of invitation that its for our honeymoon? I have a good goob here from a well known company and I have letter from my employer certifiying that I would return after the holidays.

E

emmagail

where are you from? If you are from a visa exempt country, i doubt you will need anything

sheryl3878

Mar 12, 2011
Many thanks for spending the time to help me. I'm from the Philippines and visa is required after I checked the Canadian Immigration website.

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sheryl3878 said:
Many thanks for spending the time to help me. I'm from the Philippines and visa is required after I checked the Canadian Immigration website.
You can apply, however, it is not usual for a visa (TRV) to be granted to the spouse of a Canadian.
In many cases the VO "sees' that there is a high risk of overstay.
Submit as much proof as you can that you will return to the Philippines.

prof456

Star Member
Nov 27, 2009
sheryl3878 said:
Hello, I hope someone could give me an advise. We are getting married in October and we are hoping to spend our first Christmas together in Canada. Could i apply for a tourist visa prior our wedding and could he indicate in his letter of invitation that its for our honeymoon? I have a good goob here from a well known company and I have letter from my employer certifiying that I would return after the holidays.
You can apply but you will likely not be granted with that reason.