+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tourist Visa application questions

johanasburg81

Mar 4, 2014
Hi there, my Wife and I were married recently this last October 2013 in the Philippines.We plan on applying for the spousal immigration visa at a later date, but for now I would just like her to visit me here for a while. So that's why were applying for a Tourist Visa. However, I'm a little confused about a few application requirements and could really use some clarification.

My biggest concern is she's not working. she had come back from working overseas the year prior and since then has been keeping busy in Philippines with various school courses and upgrading. She has also been active in her Church, she also has land which isn't completely paid for, but she holds the title to it. I know being employed in Philippines is a big asset for the application, but since we lack this I'm wondering if the fact she has been upgrading at School, owns land, and has a Church which she is actively busy at is sufficient to prove she has tie ins and a reason to go back to the Philippines. I need to know if her not working is a deal breaker in this situation?

There a few other things about the application I need to know:

1)Do we need to purchase a plane ticket before the app being approved or afterwards?

2)Does it matter what time I make the return date on the ticket within the allowable 6 months? I mean will it look
bad if I make the return date close to the maximum 6 months?

3)Can I do the application on her behalf using MyCIC account? It appears she will have to make an account and refer to me as
her supportive financial provider for the duration of her trip.

4)Do i have to show proof of income by submitting work pay stubs as well as display how much I have in my account at
this very moment?

if yes,

5)Lets say I have under $1000 in my account after getting her plane ticket, but I have proof of a stable income over
$2000 per month. Does this amount qualify as a sufficient amount? Does she also have to provide proof of income aside from me doing
so even though I will be the one to support?

worshipper

Nov 1, 2016
Please I need ideas. I applied for open work permit in Canada as my wife is a student there. My work permit is still pending on medical which I will complete in march. But my visitors visa is going to expire by the first week of march by which time I intend to reapply for another visitors visa while waiting to complete my medical. My question is should I apply again as visitor (tourism) or as a family visitor since my wife is there. If i apply as a family visitor ,they will as of medical which I have not completed meaning longer processing time and if I go for tourism what will they think of my pending open work permit .
PLEASE TREAT AS URGENT

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Please I need ideas. I applied for open work permit in Canada as my wife is a student there. My work permit is still pending on medical which I will complete in march. But my visitors visa is going to expire by the first week of march by which time I intend to reapply for another visitors visa while waiting to complete my medical. My question is should I apply again as visitor (tourism) or as a family visitor since my wife is there. If i apply as a family visitor ,they will as of medical which I have not completed meaning longer processing time and if I go for tourism what will they think of my pending open work permit .
PLEASE TREAT AS URGENT
I think you have a lot of misconceptions.

mdk.01

Nov 28, 2017
Hi there, my Wife and I were married recently this last October 2013 in the Philippines.We plan on applying for the spousal immigration visa at a later date, but for now I would just like her to visit me here for a while. So that's why were applying for a Tourist Visa. However, I'm a little confused about a few application requirements and could really use some clarification.

My biggest concern is she's not working. she had come back from working overseas the year prior and since then has been keeping busy in Philippines with various school courses and upgrading. She has also been active in her Church, she also has land which isn't completely paid for, but she holds the title to it. I know being employed in Philippines is a big asset for the application, but since we lack this I'm wondering if the fact she has been upgrading at School, owns land, and has a Church which she is actively busy at is sufficient to prove she has tie ins and a reason to go back to the Philippines. I need to know if her not working is a deal breaker in this situation?

There a few other things about the application I need to know:

1)Do we need to purchase a plane ticket before the app being approved or afterwards?

2)Does it matter what time I make the return date on the ticket within the allowable 6 months? I mean will it look
bad if I make the return date close to the maximum 6 months?

3)Can I do the application on her behalf using MyCIC account? It appears she will have to make an account and refer to me as
her supportive financial provider for the duration of her trip.

4)Do i have to show proof of income by submitting work pay stubs as well as display how much I have in my account at
this very moment?

if yes,

5)Lets say I have under $1000 in my account after getting her plane ticket, but I have proof of a stable income over
$2000 per month. Does this amount qualify as a sufficient amount? Does she also have to provide proof of income aside from me doing
so even though I will be the one to support?
-You don't need to purchase tickets now

-You will have to create a new MyCIC account for her and apply from hers.

-You can submit your income and bank balance, but in the end its your wife who needs to prove she has enough funds... with no big deposits that are explainable.. which might be hard since she is currently not a paid employee.

-For vistor visa, your wife needs to show sufficient funds on her behalf. She should have enough to cover at least $1000 per week in Canada plus extra for additional expenses, plane tickets ect. You are only inviting her to visit Canada.. It's not possible to "sponsor" a visitor.

Why are you not applying for spousal pr? Processing time is about 2 years I believe. Whats stopping you?