+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tourist Visa Application Graduated Student

km

Jun 24, 2009
I have read information on your website and CIC. I know showing ties to the country is the best.

A friend of our family recently graduated from Law school and wants to vacation in Canada for the summer and was refused TRV .
1. I did write a letter of invitation saying it was a vacation and to visit family, that we would cover food and accomodation expenses as the Family has done this for us on trips to their country and planned trip this September.
Letter was not notarized and I did not include a letter of employment (good income) or bank statements. Does including employment letter and bank information help?
2. Applicant family has money put $2000 USD into bank acount for a 6 week trip. Was this enough for the officer and should the parents include a letter they are putting money in the account and additional if required?
3. Applicant needs to show ties to country and family from reading your forum? Any suggestions? Does a money bond help?

Thanks

kyu010170

May 27, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2009 Nova Scotia
Doc's Request.
27-05-2009 NS AOR
AOR Received.
9-06-2009 Buffalo AOR
File Transfer...
Remained in Buffalo
Med's Request
26-04-2010
Med's Done....
29-05-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
28-09-2010
km said:
I have read information on your website and CIC. I know showing ties to the country is the best.

A friend of our family recently graduated from Law school and wants to vacation in Canada for the summer and was refused TRV .
1. I did write a letter of invitation saying it was a vacation and to visit family, that we would cover food and accomodation expenses as the Family has done this for us on trips to their country and planned trip this September.
Letter was not notarized and I did not include a letter of employment (good income) or bank statements. Does including employment letter and bank information help? It might help, but your friend's strong ties to his country is more important than this.
2. Applicant family has money put $2000 USD into bank acount for a 6 week trip. Was this enough for the officer and should the parents include a letter they are putting money in the account and additional if required? Having just the money, with no job, may not help.
3. Applicant needs to show ties to country and family from reading your forum? Any suggestions? Does a money bond help? I don't think that will be appreciated by the CHC either.

Thanks
Hi Km,

Please look up the country-specific list of requirements for visitors to Canada. That might help your friend prepare for his visitor visa application.

Just by reading the information available on the CIC website, it states:

To visit Canada, you must:

* have a valid travel document, such as a passport
* be in good health
* satisfy an immigration officer that you have ties, such as a job, home and family, that will take you back to your country of origin
* satisfy an immigration officer that you will leave Canada at the end of your visit and
* have enough money for your stay. The amount of money you will need can vary with the circumstances of the visit, how long you will stay and whether you will stay in a hotel or with friends or relatives. For more information, ask the Canadian visa office in your country or region.

Your friend is in a difficult situation right now because he is only a recent graduate and does not have a job yet. Remember that it is the overall application that will be looked at. Your friend need not own a home as listed above, to be granted a TRV, if he has a job which he would not want to abandon just to move to Canada.