Star Member
May 20, 2021
Yaounde, CMR
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
IRCC
NOC Code......
Hello guys. Kindly share your timelines so we can have an idea of processing.

TRV-Tourist
Application - September 14
Biometrics - September 16
Status - Eligibility
MY TIMELINE

1st Application: GCKey
Submit: March 01
Bio: March 04
Background Check...
(Waiting till forever)

2nd Application: GCKey
Submit: Sept 20
Background Check...
Eligibility: Sept 21
Refusal: Oct 09 (Will not come back due to money, employment, purpose).
Note: I had $18,000 for 1 month visit; I'm gov't employed; purpose was to write an exam in Quebec (asked by the Quebec gov't).

3rd Application: IRCC Portal
Submit: Oct 16
UCI/Biometric updated
Background Check...
CAS Doc: Oct 17 (showing Oct 16 on Doc)
(Waiting...)

Latest update on 1st Application (March 01):
Eligibility: Oct 18
BVL: Oct 18
(Waiting...)

wafaaawad

Star Member
Nov 3, 2019
MY TIMELINE

Background Check...
(Waiting till forever)

Background Check...
Note: I had $18,000 for 1 month visit; I'm gov't employed; purpose was to write an exam in Quebec (asked by the Quebec gov't).

UCI/Biometric updated
Background Check...
(Waiting...)

(Waiting...)
I submitted new application through GCKEY but it shows only( submitted) , biometric valid already. Any advice?

Mr. Professor

Oct 25, 2021
Dammam
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
VFS
There many threads on this topic already. Use the search engine to find the threads.
Hello, Naturgrl.

I need a piece of advice, We ( My elder brother & His Family ( Wife & 2 Kids), Me and my family ( wife & 2 kids), planning to go on vacation, we are Indian, and have been living in KSA for past (myself 8 years) and my elder Brother (18 years);

I am having a stable job, since 2015 same company, and my elder brother ( about 8 years other company);

We want to apply for a tourist visa for all of us. I am concerned about approval chances on the below criteria;

Ties to Resident Country ( KSA) - Having a stable job (as a Procurement Representative) for the past 6 years;
Kid studying in School. ( Will that be enough? )

Ties to Home Country (India) - Having property in my own name, additionally, one more property on my wife's name; Parents are living in the home country

Funds: Liquid cash, Saving, Stock & Holdings all together $25k Canadian Dollars Appx. (for my family only)

We are planning for 12 to 15 days visit, for sightseeing, and exploring.

Please advise, Thank you

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello, Naturgrl.

I need a piece of advice, We ( My elder brother & His Family ( Wife & 2 Kids), Me and my family ( wife & 2 kids), planning to go on vacation, we are Indian, and have been living in KSA for past (myself 8 years) and my elder Brother (18 years);

I am having a stable job, since 2015 same company, and my elder brother ( about 8 years other company);

We want to apply for a tourist visa for all of us. I am concerned about approval chances on the below criteria;

Ties to Resident Country ( KSA) - Having a stable job (as a Procurement Representative) for the past 6 years;
Kid studying in School. ( Will that be enough? )

Ties to Home Country (India) - Having property in my own name, additionally, one more property on my wife's name; Parents are living in the home country

Funds: Liquid cash, Saving, Stock & Holdings all together $25k Canadian Dollars Appx. (for my family only)

We are planning for 12 to 15 days visit, for sightseeing, and exploring.

Please advise, Thank you
A few things:

• You will have 2 separate applications.
  • How much liquid cash do you have? $25k is not a lot for a visit if you are including the cost of airfare. You need to justify why you are spending all your cash on a trip to Canada.
  • Vaccination - are you vaccinated and with what? How old are your kids and are they vaccinated.
  • Travel- do your families have travel history to the UK, US, AUS and NZ. Officers want to see travel history.
  • Ties to home country are weak since you have lived outside of India for many years.
  • Ties to KSA - ensure you have employment letters, school admission letters too.

Mr. Professor

Oct 25, 2021
Dammam
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
VFS
A few things:

• You will have 2 separate applications.
  • How much liquid cash do you have? $25k is not a lot for a visit if you are including the cost of airfare. You need to justify why you are spending all your cash on a trip to Canada.
  • Vaccination - are you vaccinated and with what? How old are your kids and are they vaccinated.
  • Travel- do your families have travel history to the UK, US, AUS and NZ. Officers want to see travel history.
  • Ties to home country are weak since you have lived outside of India for many years.
  • Ties to KSA - ensure you have employment letters, school admission letters too.
Hello Naturgrl,

You are Excellent! Thank you so much for your quick response, following are my response to your questions; I appreciate your time for reading this;

1. Yes, we will have two separate applications, however, I am planning to add my elder brother details in the cover letter to bring into notice that this is an extended family vacation it has been two years since we did not go on vacation due to travel restrictions and also Covid-19.

2. Well, the cost of airfare provided by the company, as I am entitled to vacation and I did not add this in the trip expenses, Moreover, according to my study I understood that cost of expenses for an Individual tourist in Canada is around $2000/Month, based on that I calculated $15k to $20k will be enough for my self and my family for 12 to 15 days. Please correct me if my calculation is wrong.

3. Vaccination: Yes, I and my wife are vaccinated with 2 doses of Pfizer, I have a son 8 years old (Not eligible for Vaccine yet.), and a Daughter of 14 months. (Not eligible for Vaccine)

4. Travel: There is not a lot of travel, I have been to China, back in 2018 (Company Business Visit) & Bahrain, been to UAE with Family Vacation back in 2019. there is not much travel lately.

5. Correct! Ties to home country, As I have my parents and properties only in Back in Home. what else would be acceptable, I can't think of anything.

6. Yes, I have a confirmation letter for vacation, an Employment letter since how long I am with Company along with payroll details, Yes, I have NOC from School as well.

Once again thank you so much for sharing your expertise with us.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello Naturgrl,

You are Excellent! Thank you so much for your quick response, following are my response to your questions; I appreciate your time for reading this;

1. Yes, we will have two separate applications, however, I am planning to add my elder brother details in the cover letter to bring into notice that this is an extended family vacation it has been two years since we did not go on vacation due to travel restrictions and also Covid-19.

2. Well, the cost of airfare provided by the company, as I am entitled to vacation and I did not add this in the trip expenses, Moreover, according to my study I understood that cost of expenses for an Individual tourist in Canada is around $2000/Month, based on that I calculated $15k to $20k will be enough for my self and my family for 12 to 15 days. Please correct me if my calculation is wrong.

3. Vaccination: Yes, I and my wife are vaccinated with 2 doses of Pfizer, I have a son 8 years old (Not eligible for Vaccine yet.), and a Daughter of 14 months. (Not eligible for Vaccine)

4. Travel: There is not a lot of travel, I have been to China, back in 2018 (Company Business Visit) & Bahrain, been to UAE with Family Vacation back in 2019. there is not much travel lately.

5. Correct! Ties to home country, As I have my parents and properties only in Back in Home. what else would be acceptable, I can't think of anything.

6. Yes, I have a confirmation letter for vacation, an Employment letter since how long I am with Company along with payroll details, Yes, I have NOC from School as well.

Once again thank you so much for sharing your expertise with us.
Given you are coming for tourist purpose and your travel is not essential - work, study, reunite with family - your application may take a long time.

1. Adding that to the cover letter may add to the fact that your whole family is travelling together. It could have negative consequences depending on how officers view it. You live in the same country so can see each other.
2. $2000 per person as a minimum. What are your plans for sightseeing, accommodations, transportation? Do you have a travel itinerary? Canada is expensive.
3. You will need to include a 14 day quarantine plan. If not vaccinated, your 8 year old will not be able to attend large gatherings or events or sightseeing activities or go on public transportation. Your itinerary will have to include nothing in public places so think about that when applying.
4. . That will be an issue as you have not travelled to a visa required country.

RayGG

Oct 15, 2021
I applied on September 15. Profile changed to medicals passed on October 25 but no update in mailbox yet. Still waitin

JM_X

Star Member
Oct 14, 2021
Winnipeg
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
MY TIMELINE

Background Check...
(Waiting till forever)

Background Check...

UCI/Biometric updated
Background Check...
(Waiting...)

(Waiting...)
Hello Winner Man, any new updates?