+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tourism Visa Form Signature Question

NeoJ

Star Member
May 6, 2020
Dear all,

For tourist visa application imm5257e.pdf, there is a signature box but that is for typing. I can type the name inside but is that sufficient as signature?

I tried to print it out and put a physical signature and scan to pdf and upload but then it reports me error

The form could not be submitted because errors were found.
Error: We couldn't upload your file.

Are we supposed to just type the name inside signature panel and that is considered as a signature already?

Thx for your help!

vijayar

Star Member
Sep 16, 2022
Dear all,

For tourist visa application imm5257e.pdf, there is a signature box but that is for typing. I can type the name inside but is that sufficient as signature?

I tried to print it out and put a physical signature and scan to pdf and upload but then it reports me error

The form could not be submitted because errors were found.
Error: We couldn't upload your file.

Are we supposed to just type the name inside signature panel and that is considered as a signature already?

Thx for your help!
In the same page please go through the line wherein it mentions that if you are submitting the form online, the form does not require any physical signature.

If you are submitting online, after completion of the form, click on the validate button. That will create the necessary QR codes if the form is correctly filled. Save the file as is. You have to upload this saved file online.