+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tourism to Canada via Seattle

ER1993

Nov 17, 2020
Hi all,

Our friends are looking to visit us in Vancouver for Christmas from the UK, but due to flight prices are wanting to fly to Seattle and drive into Canada.

I know the borders are opening, but it says online that a PCR test is required to be taken in the USA, despite our friends getting a test in the UK that would be taken within the 72 hour limit.

It doesn't seem that the rules have accounted for this, and I'm wondering if the UK PCR test would be valid for getting into Canada from the USA?

Thanks all,

Elliot

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi all,

Our friends are looking to visit us in Vancouver for Christmas from the UK, but due to flight prices are wanting to fly to Seattle and drive into Canada.

I know the borders are opening, but it says online that a PCR test is required to be taken in the USA, despite our friends getting a test in the UK that would be taken within the 72 hour limit.

It doesn't seem that the rules have accounted for this, and I'm wondering if the UK PCR test would be valid for getting into Canada from the USA?

Thanks all,

Elliot
No, it won't be.

They will need to take a second test on arrival in the US in order to be able to enter Canada. It needs to be a molecular test. So they will want to take that test as soon as they land in the US and will then need to wait in the US for the results to become available before they will be able to enter Canada. They cannot reuse the UK test under the current rules.