+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Touriat Visa Processing Under New Regulations

Rodeper

May 27, 2021
Hello,

I applied tourist visa for my MIL last January 2021 and kept on sending the exception webform. I received this email last August 30th:

We have received your enquiry and can confirm that a review of your application remains in process. Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) will be in touch with you when a final decision is made or if more information is required. To obtain more information, please fill out the IRCC Web form in order for it to be sent to the responsible Canadian visa officedirectly.

Due to the ongoing situation, IRCC offices are experiencing processing delays. Rest assured that they are making all the necessary efforts to process requests as soon as possible; however, having to respond to status updates on applications will affect the processing times.

Also note that during the review of your file, you are not considered to hold a valid Travel document. As such, you should not plan or undertake any travel to Canada until you are advised.

Should I submit a new application through IRCC or just wait? This is what I see on the website:

Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.

Please help I am beyond desperate.

thank you so much.

tessytessy

Star Member
Jan 11, 2018
Hello,

I applied tourist visa for my MIL last January 2021 and kept on sending the exception webform. I received this email last August 30th:

We have received your enquiry and can confirm that a review of your application remains in process. Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) will be in touch with you when a final decision is made or if more information is required. To obtain more information, please fill out the IRCC Web form in order for it to be sent to the responsible Canadian visa officedirectly.

Due to the ongoing situation, IRCC offices are experiencing processing delays. Rest assured that they are making all the necessary efforts to process requests as soon as possible; however, having to respond to status updates on applications will affect the processing times.

Also note that during the review of your file, you are not considered to hold a valid Travel document. As such, you should not plan or undertake any travel to Canada until you are advised.

Should I submit a new application through IRCC or just wait? This is what I see on the website:

Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.

Please help I am beyond desperate.

thank you so much.
I will advice you submit a new application in the portal.

tessytessy

Star Member
Jan 11, 2018
Hello dear,
If my application is under reviewing, what do u recommend?
If paying the $100 is not an issue, apply again and send them your old application number. They have a massive backlog and want t to attend to essential visits only at this time.

amfa

Star Member
Aug 21, 2021
If paying the $100 is not an issue, apply again and send them your old application number. They have a massive backlog and want t to attend to essential visits only at this time.
If they start reviewing my application, it means that an officer start the process and a the decision will be soon?

Vishal Bhandari&

Apr 2, 2019
I have applied trv under language workshop ,I want to ask you that I have to apply again or not?? I have done with biometrics In august 2021 waiting for decision. Please reply

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020

Rodeper

May 27, 2021
Hello. Thanks everyone for the response. I submitted a new application last week and got this update today:

Application status
We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

however, the review of eligibility remains the same.

Review of eligibility
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.

Does it mean anything or just a confirmation that they got my new application?

Thank you!

Reactions: Girlfrombc27

Foxtrot26

Sep 10, 2021
Hello. Thanks everyone for the response. I submitted a new application last week and got this update today:

Application status
We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

however, the review of eligibility remains the same.

Review of eligibility
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.

Does it mean anything or just a confirmation that they got my new application?

Thank you!
Cool! What's the purpose of the visit? Tourist non-essential?